WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Wemo apps and Wifi MESH

Hello

In the past, when I use a repeater to extend the wifi signal, I notice that the Wemo app was seeing only the devices that were connected to the same devide as my iPhone (the router or the repeater).  So if I was in the range of the repeater, the app was seeing only the wemo devices connected to that device.

the question I have now is , will this behavior will happend if I setup a MESH Wifi ?

thanks for your help

Re: Wemo apps and Wifi MESH

@Charlesbuzz,

Our Wemo devices are designed to connect to a 2.4 GHz frequency. If you have a MESH network, then it'll automatically connect to the 2.4 GHz.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I understand that the wemo devices will connect to the 2.4 GHz frequency, but what about the Wemo App, will I be able to see all my wemo lights at once if I configure a MESH Wifi ?

That was not the case when I used a repeater in the past

thanks

Highlighted

@Charlesbuzz wrote:

I understand that the wemo devices will connect to the 2.4 GHz frequency, but what about the Wemo App, will I be able to see all my wemo lights at once if I configure a MESH Wifi ?

That was not the case when I used a repeater in the past

thanks

Yes, Charlesbuzz. The Wemo app should see the Wemo devices that are connected to the network. Just make sure it's on the 2.4GHz network band. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support