WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo connecting to satellite internet

Has anyone had any problems connecting a smart switch or light switch to satellite internet? I get them connected and then they disappear.

Re: Wemo connecting to satellite internet

Hi, Frawgdale. What is the status of the Wemo Light Switch's power and Wi-Fi indicator? When you say that they disappear, do you mean to say that you can't see the light switch on the Wemo app? Does your satellite internet come with a router or a gateway?

It's possible that your network has some settings that are preventing the Wemo Light Switch to connect. Click this link for the workarounds. Also, make sure that the handheld device is still on the same Wi-Fi as the light switch. If you are trying to control the light switch remotely or away from home, please make sure that the Remote Access is enabled. You can check this step-by-step guide for the details.

Hope this helps.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Also, I am able to connec to satellite internet. There I get this weird error: here I have tried everything, including cleaning the inside off dust and replugging the RAM, but nothing seems to work. I don't know if it is in the hardware of software but I REALLY need someones help.

Highlighted