WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo device name vs Google Home Name

[ Edited ]

Hey Everyone, Having an issue with linking my Wemo to Google Home. I have multiple Wemo devices; light switches, Insights, smart plugs and Wemo minis. I am linking using an iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.0.1. After successfully linking Wemo with Google Home, for use on the Google Home Hub Display all my devices have generic names. The lightswitchs names are lightswitch, minis and smart plugs are named Socket, and my Insights are named Insight. I contacted Google and they said it is a Wemo app issue as my other smart devices link with the names I have given them in their respected app. I can use Google Home voice control using the name that I gave a wemo switch and it works. Example: I have an Insight named flame in the wemo app. In Google Home its name is Insight. If I use vocie control in the Google Home app or Google Home Hub to turn the swith on/off saying turn flame on/off, it works. I have tired removing the home, deleting the app, restarting iPhone and rebooting my router then linking agian. Same generic names link across. Short of figureing out which switch is which, and renaming in google home app, any ideas? I have 16 wemo devices I would have to figure out which is which so you can see why I would like the wemo names to link. Thanks for reading and any help. I also have a wemo hub for HK. I should also mention everything works as it should with HK and Echo. Thanks, Mark

Re: Wemo device name vs Google Home Name

Hi, speedracer43. Try to rename each devices differently from each other or using which room or floors the devices are placed on, so it would not conflict with the commands you are executing. The names should automatically sync when integrated to your Google Home. Make sure that the Wemo devices are also running on their latest firmware.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Jo-Ann, and thank you for your assistance. I appologize for not being very clear. Every Wemo device has a unique name in the Wemo app. I have no conflicts. The issue is the unique names are not "syncing" when I link Wemo to Google Home. When I open Google Home alll the names appear generic. I am running the latest firmware versions. What is odd is if I open Google Assistant, all the unique Wemo device names appear as the do in the Wemo app. I chatted with Google again, and they still are pointing me back to Wemo. Any other thoughts or a step by step process you would like me to try? 

Thanks, I really appreciate it. 

Mark

Highlighted

Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis along with the following details:

• Phone Number 
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support