WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo devices Not Detected

@BGlazier,

Based on how you describe your setup, it seems that you're trying to control your Wemo devices on two different locations. In such cases, you may need to use a separate handheld device to control your other Wemo from a different location since only a single smartphone can control a network of Wemo devices. Otherwise, controlling your Wemo network should be a breeze.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Does that mean the app should only be installed on one device? I have it on my phone and ipad.

thanks

Hello, dishman. One handheld device with a Wemo app is equal to one network. If you have another network in a different location where you want to use another batch of Wemo devices, you will need another handheld device for that.

Hope that clarifies the confusion. Smiley Wink

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support
gn

[ Edited ]

I have the same issues, every day: devices are not detected, even though the router shows them as connected and I can address them directly thru a browser.  only a router reboot seems to fix it, until it happens again.

Hi, gn. Usually, force closing the Wemo app and relaunching it afterwards should do the trick. Apart from that, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your smartphone to isolate things further. Just make sure that your Wemo devices are getting 2-3 signal bars from the router and is connected to the 2.4 GHz network, and if possible, reserve an IP address on each of the Wemo unit.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support
gn

hi, i did all that already ... what confounds me: why would the router report that it is connected and the device  responds to http://192.168.1.213:49153/setup.xml, but not to the app? at the most i get 2 out of 4 bars on my touter 

WEMO Maker Inventor

It's 'cause the app discovers the wemos using a discovery protocol (upnp) when it thinks the phone is on the SSID to which the wemos are connected.  That protocol often will not work betwen network segments (e.g. between the 5GHz and 2.4GHz band) or across wifi extenders if you're using them, they get blocked by the router.  Workarounds are to always connect your phone to the same network (band, extender) to where your wemos are connected, or rename your 5GHz SSID so the app will go through the cloud when the phone is on that band. Enabling multicast in the router will sometimes work.  If the wemos aren't connecting using a 20MHz signal width and mixed mode on the wifi settings can help.

[ Edited ]

In my case, when I'm connected to the home wifi, some devices show up Not Detected intermittently.  However, if I connect from the outside via my cellphone's network, they all consistently show up just fine on the Wemo App.  So typically, I disable the wifi on my smartphone to ensure I can access them all, do what I need to, then swiitch the wifi back on.  Not convenient but it's a workaround.

My new Wemo Dimmer does appear on one Android and another IOS device which are only connected by 2.4Ghz wireless. The device where my WemoManager is hosted shows all Wemo device but the new dimmer on both its Wemo App and WemoManager.

The Wemo dimmer works flawlessly on the two devices where the Wemo dimmer appears. I am looking for a reason why it does not appear on the cheap android device which only connects using 2.4Ghz wireless. Any ideas?

@cbknapp56

What's the make and model of your android (the one where the Wemo Dimmer does not appear)? Are the other Wemo device detected on it? We'll try to sort this out. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support