WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo is not working remotely using IFTTT

Since wemo app does not work remotely I could not make applets from IFTTT work with them. Several other applets work well except when it is associated to a wemo.

Re: Wemo is not working remotely using IFTTT

@Nekko14

Did you have the remote access enabled on the WEMO App? Try to disable and re-enable it for isolation. You can also uninstall/re-install the WEMO App and make sure you have the latest version loaded. Have you also tried observing this on a different handheld device to check if the same thing happens?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

EDIT: removing and re-adding Remote Access solved the problem. However, that broke Alexa. I needed to disable and renable the skill on Alexa app after that.

IFTTT integration stopped working for me around the end of December.

IFTTT app doesn't recognize the switches names anymore. When I try to edit or create a new applet, when it's time to select the switch it says only "All switches" (for plugs) or "Options unavailable" (for switches/dimmers) - it used to show wemo devices names to select.

The same outcome from the IFTTT phone app and web app.

I have removed all wemo connections from IFTTT, then from the wemo app re-connected to the channels (plugs, switches, dimmers), and the same outcome.

Highlighted

@pachakutek

Are you WEMO devices still working fine via the WEMO App either through local or remote access? Try to check if the devices are running on the latest firmware. If they working fine on the App, you may need to contact IFTTT Support for further help.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support