WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo mini Plug

I have been using a wemo mini plug to control a small bathroom heater for several months. Now icon on app shows a red or orange triangle that says wemo plug overheated. Plug still works fine. how do I remove the red or orange triangle?

Re: Wemo mini Plug

Hello jamesthornton. This seems a bit odd. When you notice the warning icon on the app. Were you able to check the device? Is it hot to the touch? What device is connected to the Wemo mini, if I may ask?

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Once it came on, the warning icon has stayed on the app. It does not turn off, even when the wemo switch is not turned on. In other words, it does not appear, then disappear. It remains on continuously. it does not feel hot to the touch, and the plug appears to be functioning normally - able to be turned on and off with my phine app.

I just can't figure out how to get rid of the warning icon. Maybe I should reset the wemo device..

Also, a bathroom heater is connected to the mini plug...

@jamesthornton

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the WEMO App? Do check that your phone is running on the latest OS. You may also try restarting your phone. Do have a different handheld device with an updated WEMO App installed for further checking if the same warning icon appears from there.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I have two other wemo mini plugs and they work just fine. Ony the one with the bathroom heater is plugged into is affected. And when I say affected, the plug works just fine as it is supposed to do. the problem is that on the app on my phone, there is a triangular orange/red waring icon. This bugs me. 

and yes, my wife's phone shws the same warning icon....

Hey jamesthorntonMake sure that the Wemo mini plug is properly plugged in to the power outlet. Loose outlets can cause poor connections between the Wemo and the outlet leading to a build up in resistance due to air gaps.  Air is a great insulator but electricity can still cross it.  When it does it is called arcing, and arcing creates heat. Please check the location of the Wemo mini, it should have at the very least 1 inch of clearance between it and any furniture. You may refer to this link for more information about this. Give us feedback afterwards.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

I think that I found the problem. I used a light duty extension cord to the device. It was warm to the touch. I eliminated the extension cord, and all is fine now. How do I get the little warning triangle off the app?