WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo rules stop working after power outage

It seems like every time there's a power outage (I live in Central America so this is frequently) the rules for my wemo light switch stop working. I can still see the rules listed in the rules section of the app but they just don't work. I have to delete and re-create the rules to get them working again. Obviously this is an annoying hassle as we have two or three power outages a week. 

Anyone else had this experiece? Any one figured out a fix? Thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Wemo rules stop working after power outage

Hi, stullsen. If the power outage occurs, instead of deleting and recreating the rule, try to power cycle the Wemo device instead. Also, make sure to update the firmware version of your Wemo device.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

How does this work when you do not have access to the device--which is the purpose of remote access?

@jbutterfly Remote Access feature allows you to easily and securely control Wemo devices in your home from anywhere and at any time after initial set up process. For it to work, the feature should be enabled on the handheld device while connected to the home network to use it outside to control the Wemo units remotely. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Shut up, Carl.  That wasn’t remotely helpful or related to OP’s question.

OP: what is probably happening is the wemos finish rebooting before the WiFi, and then get lost tying to find a network that doesn’t exist yet.  If you are able to remotely cycle the wireless AP, do so.  Once the WiFi is back up the wemos should notice and reconnect.

I had the same problem. 

I have the 2 Dimmer Switch with the 2.00.11060.PVT-OWRT firmware version 

and 1 LightSwitch with the 2.00.11057PVT-OWRT-LS firmware version

Those are the latest firmware versions?

I have de Galaxy Note 8.

How I can be able to remotely cycle the wireless AP, @airmandan.

Thanks for your help.