WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo skill not available in Australia and lights don’t work

Hi,

I’m having issues with my amazon alexa she use to be able to turn on my switches and turn on my lights and now the lights don’t work and the wemo skill isn’t available in Australia anymore and she can’t find my light bulbs... anyone having the same issues and know a way to fix it or an update coming?

Re: Wemo skill not available in Australia and lights don’t work

We'll have a look at this, Andremacfarlane. Make sure that your WEMO devices and Alexa's firmware is up-to-date. Also. can you share with us a screenshot of the error message on the App?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Hello I am in New Zealand and just purchased your product. Having same issue with Wemo skill no longer available on latest Echo Dot. Any remedy to this? Thank you.
Michael

Hi, snooknz. Can you tell us what WEMO device or the model number of the device you've had it connected to your Echo Dot? Are your WEMO devices and Echo's firmware updated to the latest one? Have you tried disabling the Skill and re-enabling them again?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Jo,

There is no error message it just displays devices not found in the alexa app.

@Andremacfarlane

All noted. May we know which Wemo units do you have? Have you tried to disable the skill and re-enabling them again by following this link? Also, are your Wemo units working properly via Wemo app? If not, check if remote access is enabled. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Carl,

Yes I disabled the wemo skill and re-enabled it and also reset my devices and I can control them perfect through the wemo app but alexa doesn’t work on the lights only the plugs

Andremacfarlane

That's odd. The Wemo bulbs should work with Alexa already. Anyhow, let's get this case over to our 2nd Level Support Team for further isolation. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, Community username, and link to this Community thread.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

@PamelaBianca_Mwrote:

Andremacfarlane

That's odd. The Wemo bulbs should work with Alexa already. Anyhow, let's get this case over to our 2nd Level Support Team for further isolation. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, Community username, and link to this Community thread.

Really?  Odd?  What I find odd is that you don't know the product you claim to support.  Here, let me help:  http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=157351.  Neither the wemo link nor bulbs are listed.   Bit of a time waster don't you think?  But at least you get credit for answering a post and for taking the real answer out of the public view.

What I find more offensive is that you have sold us the link, decided it wasn't worth your time, left us with a useless piece of hardware, yet kept our money.

FWIW AutomationManager will bridge your wemos and bulbs to alexa even in countries that Belkin does not provide (or for some reason has withdrawn!) the wemo skill.