WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo smart plug

Thanks for accepting me. 

My Memo smart plug that is hooked up to my wifi network says it is unsecured on thr list of available wifi networks.

how would I go about securing it.

regards Ken LaBrash

Re: Wemo smart plug

Hello Labrash. If I may ask, were you able to successfully setup your Wemo smart plug? If not, please connect to the Wemo's SSID and open your Wemo app and setup the device from there. After setting up the Wemo device, the SSID should disappear on your wifi list. Also, it appears as unsecured network because it is inteded for setup, no need to worry.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply Mark, I thought it was all set up it responded by turning on and off the lamp that was plugged into It when I requested with Google mini

This has happened to me as well.  I’ve connected my 3 smart plug mini’s to the WeMo app and can turn all 3 lights on and off without any problems.

I next connected them to Apple Homekit and can also turn the lights on and off.  I then set up scheduling and rules, and they work, no problem.  I see the plugs in both the WeMo App and the Apple “Home” App.  

The only issue I have is that when I look for availble networks, all 3 of my WeMo plugs show up as availble, unsecured networks.  I removed them from Homekit, just leaving them in the WeMo app, and they’re still availble, unsercured, networks.    

This is disconcerting, and I’ve since pulled the plugs.  Is this normal?

Thanks so much,

Chris

Let's check on this matter, chrischerm. When did you notice this occurrence? That shouldn't be showing up since it has been setup already, and working properly. For isolation, you may try to use a different handheld device as a workaround and check if that'll make any changes. You may also try to power cycle the Wemo device, and reboot your handheld device. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Nestor, 

It started yesterday (Sunday,) which is about 24 hours after I set them up on Saturday.  I’m having someone else stop by later this week to see if after I plug them back in, he can access them.  

@chrischerm

May we know the firmware version of your WEMO Minis? Try to make sure they are running on the latest. You may check this link on any firmware errors.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Jo-Ann,
I don't know the exact version, but when I had them up and running, I checked the firmware on each, and it came back that I was on the current version. I'll review the firmware error link, thanks! Smiley Happy
Chris