WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: Wemo switch becomes unresponsive "Not detected"

@Tcammall,

That's normal since you disabled the Remote Access feature on the Wemo App. Apologies for the confusion. What we meant was to refresh the Remote Access. As mentioned previously, we've recommended to disable the Remote Access and enable it afterwards. For further isolation you can try to powercycle both your Wemo devices and the router. Also, you can force close and relaunch the Wemo app on your smartphone (make sure that it is not running in the background) and check if it behaves the same.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

I have done all of the things you have suggedted. I just arrived home and after turning the remote access back on, 1 of my light switches is not appearing under devices (I mean it's physically not there, as opposed to saying it's not detected)

We'd like to assist you further with this matter, Tcammall. Email us your contact details (phone number & location), community username and the link to this thread at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

E-mail has been sent.

When can I expect to hear back from someone at WeMo?

We've checked on your email and it shows that they've already replied to it.

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

When are Belkin actually going to address this problem seriously, rather than just making the right customer service noises? I have three out of four devices that regularly drop off the network...and yes, I've factory reset them and added them again. They're unreliable devices in my opinion unless I happen to have three faulty ones. Put it this way, my next purchase will not be Belkin.

i actually hate the devices. And I'm a seasoned network professional so I've tried multiple avenues.

So, sort it Belkin.

I have about 10 of these devices that I use to control multiple systems (lights, fans, disco lights, etc).  All of the Wemo devices are completely unreliable.  I tried to work with Belkin Support and they were very responsive and followed through with helping me troubleshoot over days and days.  I finally figured it must be something with the power systems in the house / detached garage.  So i moved the devices to my cabin.  The same issues followed the devices to my cabin.

So, it is confirmed, the Wemo product is flawed and not reliable.  I have since replaced the Wemo devices with TP-Link (KASA) devices.  I am finally enjoying uninterupted device control both at home and the cabin.  Too bad I wasted about $400.00 on the wemo products.  This issue was present in both plugin switches and inwall units.  I guess I will just put these in a box and hope one day Wemo fixes the issue with firmware...but honestly...I think it is a hardware design flaw and will never be fixed.  I'm sure I will ultimately just put them in the trash.

I was happy to find the forum, it at least served to prove I was not alone in this Wemo mess!

WEMO Maker Inventor

Are you certain it's the devices and not the app?  The devices themselves are very reliable so you might be able to save your investment with an aftermarket app (mine for one, link below, and there are others).  Or you can send them here instead of to the trash, I'll pay for shipping Smiley Happy.

WEMO Maker Inventor

BTW, my app supports TP Link and Wemo together so you can combine automation without going through any of the cloud services.