WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo switch becomes unresponsive "Not detected"

Are the lights on the devices blinking amber? If yes, that indicates that they are not connected to the network. If it's router related, the WEMO devices shouldn't appear on its connected device list. If this challenge happens only when you are connected to another network, try to disable the remote access and re-enable it after re-launching the App.

Devices always show up in my Belkin router wireless map.  They will only flash yellow if they've been disconnected for a period of time (when they crash).  When they do that, they turn themselves off.  Otherwise you don't even see the switch disconnect (lights normal) but if I'm watching on the log, they will show disconnected and try to reconnect, and usually they will.

2nd level service is looking into a possible upnp issue with multiple switches. doing some troubleshooting in the next few days.

Glad to know you're communicating with them. Keep us posted!

Still troubleshooting...

Reduced my switches to 5 online, and everything was ok.  Put all 11 of my wall switches back online and connection issues returned.  Holding off putting sockes and motion back in the mix.

Must be a traffic issue?

Waiting for response from support.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Initial Install of Multiple WeMo Devices

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Belkin
Communities Technical Support

Thanks Chadster.....but that ain't it....

I have 14 wemos (1 insight, 4 switches, 9 light switches) and I have occasional problems (every few days) with some of the Wemos dropping off. They can't be found by ouimeaux or the Wemo app inside the network when this happens. 

I suspect this is the same "high traffic" problem observed by IanH. Guess it's not just him Smiley Happy

Hopefully this will get worked out soon.

-dan

I came across a thread about a similar case. They disabled the router's QoS as a workaround. Why not give it a try? Here's the link: http://community.wemothat.com/t5/Discuss-WEMO/WeMo-Switch-quot-Not-Detected-quot-on-iPhone-APP-on-3G...

Belkin's WRT QOS settings are very basic and I've tried all of them.

If Belkin can't get these things to work with their own router, then there's no hope for anything...

I've passed along logs...done troubleshooting...frustration building.  My Nest thermostat, protects, dropcam, LiftMaster products all work perfectly...but WeMo is flaky...

Got to be a solution!

Dmc

Sorry folks but this was the last chance for WEMO. This problem has occurred off and on for over a year now. I have a switch at a remote location and it has been exceedingly unreliable. Good luck to those who like troubleshooting!