WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo switch becomes unresponsive "Not detected"

@jtanner
We'll have our 2nd level support team check your concern. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com.

Please include the following information:

• Contact details (name, contact number, email and location)
  • Community Username
  • The link to this community
  • OS version of the device
Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

Email Sent

3 days later still no response to my email! Seriously feel like this is a bullsh*t ploy just to ensure that it's too late to return this crappy device and get my money back.  Absolutely ridiculous

Hi All,

I've had enough of this product and the constant, Uninstall the app/ re-install the app and set everything up from new mantra that seems to be the stock reply to all issues.

Never seem to see any real solutions though.

So I've decided enough is enough and bought a SmartThings hub. (Got it second hand off e-bay).

With this I can always access my devices at home via my wi-fi, (I have to keep powering them down/up for the WeMo app to detect them) and remotely with no issues.

I have not had any issues with the rules and they always work. With my WeMo rules they stopped working on BST to GMT 2 weeks ago and I have also had a light deciding to go on and off all night even though there was no rule set up for it!!!!!!!!

Also the SmartThings hub connects to most of the devices out there no matter who the manufacturer is.

This gives greater flexibility.

I have also found their support to be great and their on-line chat service is brilliant.

Before anyone asks, I am not a Samsung employee and have no particular allegance to any manufacturer.

I just want a product that works, and the hub does just that.

I will have to take a look - this WeMo Switch should be a Tranding Standards punishible product since it clearly doesn't work as advertised

I've already returned my switches and have moved on to greener pastures.  

The number one criteria for home automation is reliability.  If a component fails once out of 100 times it is a failure in my eyes as it can have some serious consequences depending on the use case.  As experienced by myself and countless others, this product is an all out failure as I've only owned them for 2 weeks and they fail consistently.  There are plenty of other products on the market with a much better track record of reliablity.  I suggest that Belkin take this issue very seriously and resolve it quickly before the damage to their reputation is beyond repair.

[ Edited ]

1 out of a 100? This f*****g thing fails 100 out of 100.  It's completely useless and does not work as advertised

It gets even worse still.

I made a 1hr round trip to the location of the WeMo switch just because there was no alternative but to reinstall everything from scratch to get remote access working again.

Then two days later remote access stopped working. This time, not because I installed a new version of the WeMo app, but because there was a short power cycle at the site of the WeMo switch. So all that happened was both the WeMo switch and the house's router power cycled, and that has resulted in no remote access.

I believe the issue is just because the router power cycled. However other manufacturers' devices in the house can still be accessed remotely, only the WeMo device cannot be accessed after the power cycle. So it is a WeMo only issue. So the WeMo switch does not cope with a router power cycle. Given router power cycles occur regularly this is another WeMo disaster. ISPs like the UK's major ISP (Virginmedia) regularly update their router firmware which involves a power cycle.

How could the WeMo switch possibly be anywhere near 'fit for purpose' for remote access if it cannot cope with a router power cycle.

If your requirement is to control a mains socket by a phone's app while you are still in the house, then the WeMo may be OK for you. However, if you need to control the mains socket while out of the house then please forget about the WeMo product, as I cannot see that it could be 'fit for purpose'.

If all other WeMo products have the same (remote) deficiency as the WeMo switch then the same must also apply to them.

So much promise, yet so little delivery!!

I know where my WeMo switch is going!!!

Also Belkin need to understand the reputation damage they are suffering by associating their name with these products.

The worst thing about all of this is the total lack of urgency with this issue from Belkin. I have had a couple of emails from their support team asking me to delete and reboot everything. Which is totally pointless as I have done this on numerous occasions and they are aware of this. Since the last time of doing this, 3 days ago I have heard nothing. I'm really sorry to say that I have no faith in their support team or their products. COME ON BELKIN GET A GRIP AND SORT THIS ISSUE OUT THAT NUMEROUS PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING FROM. OR PERHAPS COMMUNICATE WITH THE PEOPLE SUFFERING WITH THIS ISSUE TO GET A RESOLUTION.

I agree!  My 1/100 example was to show how far off the mark Belkin is with this product.  I can't believe that these things were tested and passed given the rate of failure at less than 1 week into ownership.