WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

What is best setup for mix of HomeKit Ready and non-HomeKit Ready Wemo accessories?

I was set up using Wemo Mini's via Wemo App. and HomeKit App., all up to date and working fine, but wanted to also control a Wemo Light Switch via HomeKit app.. Purchased a Wemo Bridge, the set up was nearly plug & play, all nameing is the same... and everything seems to work. However when the bridge installed it made duplicate accessory's (identifiable) in the HomeKit app... My question, is it best to connect the HomeKit ready mini's directly to HomeKit leaving the Light Swich (which requires the Bridge) via the Bridge or run all Wemo accessories through the Bridge?

Re: What is best setup for mix of HomeKit Ready and non-HomeKit Ready Wemo accessories?

Hi, CTMax,

There is no best way to set up a mix of HomeKit ready or non-HomeKit ready device. You may set up the Wemo mini directly to HomeKit or use the Wemo Bridge along with the light switch. Meanwhile, may we know which device is showing as a duplicate in the HomeKit app? Does the device respond when you try to control both tiles on the HomeKit app? If you can control the device using both tiles, you may try to hide the duplicate tile on the HomeKit app.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Re: What is best setup for mix of HomeKit Ready and non-HomeKit Ready Wemo accessories?

Thanks for your reply. To answer your question. All 12 of the HomeKit Ready Mini’s which I previously had connected to HomeKit were automatically duplicated and put in a newly created default room along with the new tile for the Light Switch I bought the Bridge, to connect to HomeKit.

The following, I had already drafted before I saw your reply, which in a lot of words describes how my issues resolved. Thanks again, CTMax

[ Edited ]

After initial posting at top, I continued to study the perceived issue. I say perceived because everything seemed to be working okay via the original tiles despite all of the Wemo Bridge duplicate tiles, which had been put in a default room in Apple Home. These same icons are now showing "Not Responding”. Note that the Settings for these tiles did not include a Remove option, only the Wemo Bridge does. Anyway after a lot of trying things, I ended up deleting everything in Apple Home, Reseting the Wemo Bridge. With the Bridge indicator flashing Orange-White I performed the HomeKit setup adding the Wemo Bridge to Apple Home again. This brought all of my Wemo accessories (my Wemo accessories are all comparable with the Bridge) into Home. It seems it’s all or nothing. Finally I added back all my Scenes, Zones, and Automations in Apple Home. For this I am glad I have a back-up record of everything in Excel.

So I don’t think there is a choice. If you currently use Wemo accessories which are HomeKit ready and you want to added a Wemo Bridge everything Bridge compatible is intended to run through the Bridge. If I were to do this again I would first remove any Wemo devices which are HomeKit ready from the Apple Home app., Set up the Bridge which automatically brings with it any Bridge compatible devices setup in the Wemo App. and then add back any Zones, Groups, Scenes, or Automations you had for those accessories you removed.

Edited 2/1/19

Just added 4 more mini's where bridge was already installed, linked with HomeKit via Wemo app. All new decices linked automatically to Bridge once I initiated... in Wemo app More screen. I noticed there is an option for linking Wemo Homkit ready devices directly but have not tried that, Mini's seem to run faster via Bridge.

Highlighted

FYI to Tech Support, It looks like Joemosch might be experiencing a similar issue. See  “WEMO Community > WEMO Hardware > reMini showing up twice in Apple Home app” posted ‎01-09-2019 08:01 PM

@CTMax

If the setback still recurs after your diagnosis, let us get you over to our Escalation Engineers to better assist on this matter. An email to WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following the details will do so we can have them look into this further.

- Full name. 

- Phone number and Location - City or State. 

- iOS version of the handheld device/s you're using. 

- MAC Addresses of the affected devices. 

- Community Username. 

- The link to this thread for reference. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support