WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why do my rules keep disappearing?

After a reset of my link and bulbs and deleted app and re- installed. I make a few rules, they stick for a few minutes then disappear from the rules page. If I leave the rules page and then go back to it, the rules are gone. They still fire at the right times, but they are not visible. If I want to delete a rule that is not visible, I have to re-create it and then delete it right away before I leave the rules page. I am running the latest app version for iOS on an iPhone 4s

Re: Why do my rules keep disappearing?

I seem to be having the same problem too. Was there anything special about the rule? Mine was a fade in at sunset followed by a fade out at 11pm on a pair of bulbs.

It wasn't just one rule. It happens to all of my 10 or so rules. All of my rules disappear. Sunrise and set, on off rules, away mode...etc...they go away after I leave the rule screen.

[ Edited ]

Try the recently-released firmware and upgrade the firmware of the WEMO bulbs.

Did that. Everything is updated. Everything was reset to factory. App deleted re-downloaded. Still my rules disappear.

Long standing problem that Belkin said they would fix months ago! Some of my iOS devices loose rules and then they just reappear.

I have the exact same issue with a new setup, small number of devices. Also notice that when you rearange the list of devices the next time they are viewed the rearranged list is not saved. 

I have the exact same problem with my wemo link with 1 group of 2 bulbs. It disappeared on all my devices. I'm using the latest app and iPhone 6. Other rules (1 for switch and 1 for insight) are still on the list. Have your issue been resolved? I have tried resetting and reinstall the app.

Did you need to recreate a new rule with exact same name when you were trying to delete the invisible rule? I want to delete the invisible rule but I don't think I remember the rule name.

Thanks.

No my issues aren't resolved. If I want to delete a rule that has dissapeared, I have to recreate it exactly and then immediately delete it. I had a rule running for 3 months that dissapeared. That's how I deleted it. I've been contacted by Belkin second level support. They gave me the same "reset and reinstall"song and dance. That didn't work. My rules worked fine and did not disappear before the firmware update. Belkin second level support seemed to dance around that one when I was on the phone with them. I don't think they know now to fix it.

Lately, I've been creating rules solely through IFTTT to avoid the Wemo app method of rules. I have had no issues with IFTTT, only with Belkin Wemo.

If you think it's an issue due to the latest firmware, I think you are barking up the wrong tree at a red herring - it's been going on for years and acknowledged by Belkin.