WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Widget font is black

Yes, the WEMO app had always had widgets. I have provided a screenshot with the two widget options. No, I have never installed a third party app. Here is a screenshot to illustrate the problem. Next to the large widget, there is a small one that is supposed to say "piano lamp" underneath the power button. I took a screenshot while the background was a little lighter behind the words so that you can see that the font is black.Screenshot_2018-12-28-16-38-27.pngScreenshot_2018-12-28-16-39-00.png

[ Edited ]

+1

Exact same issue as OP. I made no changes. Probably 10-14 days ago I'm assuming there was an update. 

@crash5894 wrote:

+1

Exact same issue as OP. I made no changes. Probably 10-14 days ago I'm assuming there was an update. 

Let's check on this, crash5894. Does the widget shows black fonts as well? Please try those work arounds mentioned on this thread, and make sure to install the latest Wemo app version. You can also try to chage your theme to the default theme and check if that'll make any changes. You can try to use another Android or iOS device as well for further isolation. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I've specially created an account to reply to this tread because support from Wemo is just too painful to watch honestly. My widgets font also turned black and the widgets became unusable after the latest update to 1.22. My phone is a Samsung Note 8. I've rolled back to the previous (1.21) version / apk of the Wemo app and no more problems. Font is white again and widgets back to working. In other words, there is definitely a Wemo bug in ver. 1.22 because Ver. 1.21 works totally fine.
WEMO Maker Inventor

@Nestor_C wrote:

Let's check on this, crash5894.  

I'm really curious what this means, as it seems to imply you might actually try it yourself too.  But of course it doesn't since your team didn't even know there was a widget available.  I get the impresson many on the support team haven't even tried the app at all let alone used it with a physical wemo.

If I may, why not stop asking your customers to jump through hoops once the same defect is reported more than 2 or 3 times and check on it yourselves?

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

I came here because I am also having this problem. Started a few weeks ago and i didn't understand why. I have not changed themes,i haven't done anything. I'm going to try to rollback my update and see where that gets me.

@KingRodedog wrote:
I came here because I am also having this problem. Started a few weeks ago and i didn't understand why. I have not changed themes,i haven't done anything. I'm going to try to rollback my update and see where that gets me.

Noted on that, KingRodedog. If the same issue persists when you rolled back the Android version, please try using a different handheld device(android) for further isolation and check if that'll make any changes. You can also try to re-create the widget. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I have also had this issue. WeMoCares on Twitter was useless. They also said that they don't have widgets. I refused that assertion with screenshots, but haven't received a response. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S9. My widget broke about 2 weeks ago and has black text color for it's icon. I've tried removing and adding the widget back multiple times without success. I haven't changed a theme. I haven't installed a widget maker. This is definitely associated with a recent WeMo app update.

This bad version is 1.22. I noticed that version 1.23 is available for iPad. Any news on a new update for Android?
Highlighted

Hi, all,

Our Engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution through an update.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support