WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Widget problems

I find myself wondering if there is any other android phones having this problem, other than Samsung?
MJ

Not working here on a Pixel 3.

Have you check if it is also the same with your other handheld device/s AlunS? If you haven't, please try other handheld device for isolation. You can also, delete and adding the widget for further diagnosis on this setback. Update us with the result.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Hello Jacksonmoj

I have several Samsung devices with several Android versions and every now and then all active widgets, not just WeMo stop working. By this I mean all things that update on my home screens in realtime such as my weather widget and my clock widget. But on screen shortcuts etc. still work.

The next time it happens to you, force quit the Samsung launcher (TouchWiz Home) from your settings app panel (it will reboot itself). I've found that this makes everything work again. Not an ideal solution I know, but at least it might give you an answer.

Regards

Pete

@AlunS wrote:
Same here on Android. Widgets only work if the app itself has been opened first and all devices found. They then work for a while and then stop working later. I suspect it's when the app gets cached / suspended by the OS.

Exactly the symptoms I've found on my OnePlus running LineageOS. The widgets usually work for a while after opening the app. I suspect it's related to battery optimization feature. I've turned off battery optimization for the WeMo app and it seems to be better. We'll see if it's a viable long term solution since I don't know how that will impact the battery life.

no io dont think so ! there might br some misconception ! because this wemo is realy workong fine with me .

Highlighted

@Raymo wrote:
I've turned off battery optimization for the WeMo app and it seems to be better. We'll see if it's a viable long term solution since I don't know how that will impact the battery life.

It's been over a week and the widgets have been working ever since I turned off the battery optimization on the WeMo app.