WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Your product really sucks

I'm really really dissapointed in this. Almost impossiblet to set up, it never works, it never recognizes my network. Your company really ripped me off. Disgusting. 

Re: Your product really sucks

Disagree

1) It's not impossible to setup. it needs some basic IT skills and highly depends on the configuration of your wireless access point or router.
2) It never recognised on your network because setup not completed.

rickysuper wrote:
Disagree

1) It's not impossible to setup. it needs some basic IT skills and highly depends on the configuration of your wireless access point or router.
2) It never recognised on your network because setup not completed.

I'm not going to say I'm defending the OP's post, but...I will say that I am tech savvy as well as both network and computer savvy and I've been having a lot of trouble. 

If you have info to share that makes it simple and makes it work, please share.  Otherwise your post was not helpful at all because you didn't provide any info other than "depends on the configuration of your wireless ap or router".  So please share the details of how they should be setup so that the Wemo devices work flawlessly. 

And I'm being serious, not trying to be a jerk.  I, personally, am trying to find the "trick" to get these to work.  I even have a Belkin router...lol 

WEMO Maker Inventor

My site might help: Finding Wemo.

It looks like much of the investment in wemo has been outsourced - almost all support, some of the development, much of the testing.  IMO an shortsighted decision, but certainly not an uncommon one.  Maybe when engineering can convince the bean counters that you lose far more than you save by letting other companies interact with and learn from your customers we'll see the pendulum swing back.  Or we'll find it's not outsourcing anymore 'cause the original companies will fail and the former outsourcers will take over...

Blim posted some great tips for configuring your network once you've got more than a few wemos and find it difficult to keep them connected (sorry to make you search but internal links are a PITA to do properly here).

Check out my thread here... I'm now over 80 devices with the addition of bulbs the last month or so.

http://community.wemothat.com/t5/WEMO-Application/Tips-for-creating-stable-Wemo-environment/m-p/1132...

[ Edited ]

Bilim35CI7 wrote:

Check out my thread here... I'm now over 80 devices with the addition of bulbs the last month or so.

http://community.wemothat.com/t5/WEMO-Application/Tips-for-creating-stable-Wemo-environment/m-p/1132...

Thank you to both you and MikeP.  I am checking into your tips and going to give it a shot.  I actually did try a few things this afternoon and seem to have the Link connected, but it never finds the two light bulbs.  Not sure what's going on there.  I will keep digging.  

Is there any chance that there are some routers these things just aren't happy with?  I mean, it's a Belkin N750 router so I'd think the Wemo devices would be happy connecting to their own kind (i.e. same brand) but I do realize that may not be the case.  I really, really want to like these devices and want them to work but so far I'm not having any luck and the more I work with it the more frustrated I get.  

Anyway, if anyone has any other tips, tricks, advise, or helpful links to share please feel free.  The OP seemed to have written them off completely but I'm somewhat more determined to keep trying and see if I can get to the bottom of the issues.  

One thing I did notice, which I also searched the issue online and found it is very common, is the router shows that the date/time is January 1, 1970 and an incorrect time.  There is NO way to manually set the time and date, however.  You have to select from a list of time servers for it to sync with, none of which make any difference (I've changed them, applied the changes, and let it sit for 30 minutes a time or two and it still shows the wrong time.  Would this affect these devices at all or would that have nothing to do with it (I know some things look at time and sometimes on a computer if the time is wrong it can affect communications or devices, etc.)? 

03msc:   What version firmware is your Link on?  IMO... you want to be on the latest firmware before attempting to connect bulbs.  Also IIRC there is a bug using an Android.  I don't think that has been released yet.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Router shouildn't matter if it's the only thing you've got running in the network and have a password with no special characters.  And it's out of the picture now that your link is connected - the bulbs talk to the link through the zigbee protocol rather than over wifi (some support people here say otherwise - if your bulbs don't connect adjust your router, but they're wrong).

There's bulb connecting tips on my site too: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/faq/wemoleds/wemoled-faqs part way down.  I wanna say it's easier with WemoLEDs Smiley Happy but the belkin app should work too.  On of the part that catches people most is that you need to turn off power to the bulbs, then enable pairing/detecting mode in the app, and only then turn on the power to them.

Mike: Good tip there.... I noticed with all of my bulbs that was the case as well getting them to pair.