WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Your product really sucks

Bilim35CI7 wrote:

03msc:   What version firmware is your Link on?  IMO... you want to be on the latest firmware before attempting to connect bulbs.  Also IIRC there is a bug using an Android.  I don't think that has been released yet.

It's on the .8686 firmware (so it says in the App; I did look at that earlier).  

I'm going to continue to work with it and see if I can find the magic combination. I do appreciate the help and tips from you and Mike both.  It's obvious that the Wemo stuff works because people talk about them working for them and, like you, have a lot of them operating so I'll keep working with it.  Thanks again! 

I've got $200+ invested in WEMO stuff, and regret the expenditure.  The product design is from the 1980s, with switches that are difficult to read, and give no discernible tactile feedback as to whether they have been pressed or not (in-wall switch).  The procedure for resetting an in-wall switch requires face plate removal in some cases, and for the lamp modules, is not at all intuitive, i.e. press the reset button, unplug, wait 5 seconds, plug back in, wait 10 seconds.  What?  How about how I hold my feet during this process?  

This issue came about when I changed ISPs and therefore changed SSID in my house.  I have Sonos, 3 nodes and a bridge.  It took about 4 minutes to tell Sonos the new SSID and all speakers were working.  Belkin's squirrley WEMO? I'm into my second hour with overseas support (from US), and I have 1 switch working, 3 more to go.  Having to program each switch is moronic, as is their product and software design.

If anyone from Belkins reads this stuff, go find a manager and suggest that Belkin hire someone from Sonos to help your company.  You need it.

Anyone need two in-wall switches and two lamp modules?  Originally $50 each...I'll make you a deal.

Anyone need two in-wall switches and two lamp modules?  Originally $50 each...I'll make you a deal.

I'd make you an offer but at over 80+ Wemo's I'm basically tapped out on switches these days.  I am now doing more motion sensors and Makers now.

I have been resetting, uninstalling, reinstalling for dozens of hours. I have both the outlet switch and the light switch. They work for a few days and then they don't work for days. Then they work for a few weeks. Then they don't work for a few weeks. I looked at the Google Play Store, and the app's one stars outnumber the five stars. This is the worst feedback I have ever seen in the Google Play Store. The rest of my Wi-Fi devices works fine. Some devices are further away than the Wemo devices.

This is the worst "high-tech" purchase I've ever made.

It's not as though the item doesn't work at all. It's the most inconsistent item I have ever owned. I used to repair and build computers in the past and this is the worst piece of technology I have ever come across.

It was working fine with the Amazon Echo for a few weeks. Now, nothing for 4 days. And each day I spend about 2 hours trying to get the Wemo devices working. There needs to be a fix soon, or I will pass it off on eBay to the next person willing to spend hours troubleshooting.

As the heading of this thread states, Wemo sucks!

[ Edited ]

Mind sharing the challenges that you are experiencing with the device/s? We can all help you to isolate the situation.

For me , the product have no big problem on network setup, but it have a big problem of product stability.

You can connect this time but next time may not. It is a very big problem for remote access, as you cannot

reset the switch when operating and supplying power to other device.

[ Edited ]

I have 2 Wemo Switches and one Motion Sensor. All freezed the firmware 8326. Any software not update since 8326. So far no serious problem up to now.

After the firmware - my wemo switch controlling my bed side lamp would come back on by itself. I would switch off using my phone, and a second later it would come on again. My wife was gonna kill me so I had to take the switch off the plug. I honestly wish I hadn't updated....

Expert

Hi drchris,

Let us help you with the challenge. What is the current firmware version of the WEMO Switch? Did you create rules before the update? If you did, I suggest that you disable and delete the rule/s. In case you have not set up any rules, you may proceed on doing a factory reset and configure it again. It would also be best to force close the app. After that, clear cache or data. 

I hope that would help you get it to work again. Smiley Happy