WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Your product really sucks

Not even sure why I am posting, as there is a high probability I will be told to do all the things I have already done, and I have had the app send wemo support diagnostics every time I encounter an issue.

BUT, I dont use rules or IFTT or anything fancy, just want to use the app on the phone to turn lights on and off.  ever since we got them, they have been inconsistent.  I could call up the app one moment and turn on the lights, and the next, open the app and they werent detceted, and in that same moment, my wifes phone could still see them.  The thing is, a little later, it might work again, with no intervention on my part.

UNTIL LAST WEEK, the firmware update there broke the whole shooting match.  The only time I can connect to the blasted things is during setup, and yes they see my wifi and connect to it, the app reports success, but then the app cant see them once setup.  Thanks Belkin :-(

Hi pengiuin3d. We understand how you feel about your experience with the WEMO app and we would be grateful for an opportunity to make things right for you. If you're using a dual band network, give each band separate SSIDs and make sure that both the WEMO and the mobile device are connected to the 2.4 GHz network during the setup process. WEMO devices may not show in the app if your mobile device is connected to the 5 GHz band.

If you have done this step yet the app still does not show the WEMO devices, please email us, at WEMOCares@belkin.com, the following information so that we can get our 2nd level Support team to assist you further:

* complete name

* phone number

* location (country)

* model number of your WEMO devices

* WEMO app and firmware versions

* Android/iOS devices you've tried

Zeb_10124
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

OK, as a final effort, I tried your suggestion, and now I can see my switch, but it still acts flaky, sometimes visible, sometimes not, and sometimes actually visible and functional.  The link acts the same, except it can only see one of my two bulbs no matter what I do.  

thanks for the offer of further support, but I have already waste enough time I will never get back on this product.  When I pruchased the devices, it was under the understanding that I was purchasing production ready devices.  I purchased them on Amazon, and have seen them in Best Buy and Home Depot.  What you have given is an experience I might expect if I backed a half baked kick starter campaign.  

I didn't sign up to be a field tester.  I will leave that to others you can talk into it.  As stated before, the devices are headed to the landfill, well I will be responsible and recycle them.  What a waste of time and money.

Expert

[ Edited ]

We do understand the inconvenience you've faced with this matter, and we're sorry to see you're in this situation, pengiuin3d. Should you change your mind, feel free to contact us at WEMOCares@belkin.com.

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support 

The only way to get the bulbs to work is to throw them in the trash and buy Phillips hue bulbs.
Expert

Hi, Jshrader90. We understand that we've let you down, and we'd like to help you sort this out. Mind sharing more details about your experience with the WEMO bulbs? 

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support 

Is everyone that is working getting there devices show in the app quickly when they load it or does it take many (as in anywhere from 1 to 30 mins) minutes to connect. I've tried refreshing repeatedly and that seems to help. But who want to sit doing that for 5 minutes every time you want to switch something on or off. So far I'm disappointed but not giving up. And by the way I have just retired from earning a living in tech support and computer repair.

Hello, RayBro. Is the WEMO App up-to-date? How about the WEMO devices' firmwares? Also, do you have another handheld device experiencing the same issue?

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

The Belkin webcam app that got taken over by Wemo is a total piece of **bleep**! All it does is keep spinning and kicking me out. It worked great before it became Wemo. Time to find an app that actually works! Brilliant Wemo just brilliant.

Hi, STEVE39. We're here to address any concerns you have. What's the current version of your NetCam App? Do you have other handheld devices experiencing the same issue? Also, is the NetCam's firmware up-to-date? 

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support