WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can't access rules on wemo app

my switch are all on the app & my rules still work but I can't access them the rule button does nothing. before the last update i could only edit rules on molbie data not on wifi.

Re: can't access rules on wemo app

@forestcitgo Try to force close the app and run it again. If you recently updated the Wemo App, you may try to disable-re-enable the remote access, delete cache and cookies, and then try to get access to the rules. If still doing the same thing, you may try using another handheld device on accessing the rules for further isolation.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I struggled with this (and many other issues) for ages on my Samsung Note8.

I was unable to access the rules at all, with the button constantly greyed out. I tried everything from forcing the app to stop, deleting data and uninstall/reinstall.

In the end, I loaded the Wemo app onto an Apple iPhone and the rules were all available. I am guessing the failure is with Android?

@KWC74 The Wemo App supports Android 4.4 and higher, but there are devices that may not have features required for the app to run. The Wemo App uses certain features of the hardware and the Android operating system that are called permissions. If these permissions are not available to the Wemo App, it can either not run correctly or not be able to be installed at all.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Was there a solution to this?
I too can no longer access the rules screen on either my Android 8.1.0 Pixel phone or 4.4.2 Samsung Tablet

@Scottb721 May we know if your Wemo rules still work fine with your Wemo device? Have you also tried doing the workarounds provided by ? If not, please try to do so to check if it behaves the same.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

I've tried force stopping the app as well as granting all permissions it needs.

I don't recall what rules I did have or whether they're still valid and running sorry.

@Scottb721 wrote:
I've tried force stopping the app as well as granting all permissions it needs.

I don't recall what rules I did have or whether they're still valid and running sorry.

Got that, Scottb721. So basically, the rules that you've created are still working, right? 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I don't recall if I have any rules currently active still sorry.

Make sure that the Wemo app and the Wemo devices are running on its latest firmware, Scottb721.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Wemo app? If not, try doing so and see if you still can't access the rules screen. Also, if you have an iOS device, you may try installing the Wemo app and check. 

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support