WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cannot connect to wifi

I just got a wemo switch EF9 and use a NEXUS 6b. I went through the proceedure but when I try to connect to wifi the switch apparently connect and the reports no wifi connection. the router is a TP link AC1750 dual bank router and I can connect the phone to either the 5 of 2.4 band without problems. I have reinstalled the app several times and re booted everything but cannot connect

Re: cannot connect to wifi

The wemo switch will only connect to the 2.4 and you'll need to have your phone on the 2.4 until it's connected with remote access enabled.

Connecting can be tricky. Most people say to put your phone in airplane mode and then enable the wifi.
When the switch is reset and blinking green and orange, your phone should find the network the switch is broadcasting. Connect to that.
Then open the wemo app

Next you can rename the switch but probably easiest just to leave it as is
When you click next, it should bring up a menu of available wifi networks in the area (that are 2.4GHz). Select that
Your app will probably restart and go to either cellular or the home wifi network.
Close the app
Restart the app and hopefully the switch is there.

Often one of these steps fail. Most often for me, it was the step to select which network the switch should join but also not finding the switch's wifi in the first place. I had to reset the switch and go through the whole process 26 times before I got one of mine to change the router it connects to

I have tried all this, I see the switch and it connects and then reports no internet. 

Tried rebooting modem, Turned off breaker then on again & still no WEMO wifi connection.  I recently switched to Spectrum and switch won't reconnect to new Wifi !!!! On my WEMO mobile app I get an ERROR message "The resource could not be located because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection".  Open to suggestions :[

Highlighted

Have similar problem. Appears switch is connected to home WiFi, but WeMo app doesn’t do anything. I’ve gotten same message, but it shows up when I hit the more information button.
Sbp