WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iOS app freezes during setup of Wemo Dimmer Switch

I have set up a new Wemo Dimmer Switch and it seemed to go well except the app then popped up a screen about integrating with Alexa.  It has a big button at the bottom and a little cross (like for closing a window) in the bottom right.  Neither reacts to touching and I cannot get rid of this screen.

I don't have an Alexa and don't want one either.

I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it and the same thing happens - I can't use the app at all as it locks immediately to this screen.  I tried going into flight mode and turning off wifi and neither help.

Any ideas?

Re: iOS app freezes during setup of Wemo Dimmer Switch

The app shouldn't freeze up at all, SimonW. Since you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, it seems it's something our 2nd Level Technical Team would want to look into better. Email us your complete name, contact info, and location to WemoCares@belkin.com. Please include a screenshot of the screen when the Alexa pops up as well, so we can get a clearer picture.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

I'm also having similar issues. Sent an email with a screen shot and phone info. I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.3.3. Issue only started after installing the dimmer switch. My wife is able to run the wemo app and use all wemo devices (including the new dimmer switch) from her iPhone 6s. Thanks in advance!

Hi there, any solution found? I've the same problem, iPhone7 with iOS 10.3.3 ....really annoying I've 5 switchs and this was the first one I tried to configure and now I cannot use the app... :-(

@rsemedo

Have you tried to Force Close the app? If you haven't, here's how. Update us if the same challenge persist. Also, make sure taht your Wemo App is up to date. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I went through a pretty lengthy call with Belkin's support team, but no solution yet. Force closing, uninstalling then resetting the phone to reinstall, nothing has worked. I was able to reset the dimmer switch, which initially solved the problem. As soon as I attempted to reinstall the dimmer switch, the same problem persists.

After an uninstall/phone reset/re-install of the app, I am able to briefly see the linked devices screen, but as soon as I open a device or change to a menu, the same alexa pop up screen shows up and renders the app useless again. I was told that I would be receiving a call from the next level support group, but haven't heard anything yet.

I hope to hear from you all soon as I can't control any of my wemo devices!

Hello, Aaronalfano. Allow us to forward your case to our 2nd level Support Team so our Escalation Engineers can contact you directly and conduct a further diagnosis. They will be the one who will take care of your case from here on. Please e-mail us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can open a ticket for you in our system:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country):
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community Thread (for our reference):

If you have the case number given by our Belkin Support Team, kindly include it in the e-mail as well so we can review the history of your case. We look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I am also having this problem on iPhone SE and 7 on 10.3.2 I have two shiny new paperweights and am very unhappy

Quick dirty fix... download Amazon Alexa app, activate the skill which links your accounts and the problem goes away. I don’t own an Amazon device and this still worked.

Thanks for the suggestion - that's the only thing that ended up working. Didn't want to link the wemo skill to an alexa device (don't have any, anyway) but this definately solved the issue for now!