WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: iPad app

In the ITunes application you have to select the type of device (on the IPad  its "IPad" by default...so you have to choose "IPhone" and then the WEMO app appears.

Here's the deal. If you use your iPad to DL the app (there is ONLY the iPhone version) then sometimes if you don't tell the iTune App Store app that you are looking threw "all" and not just "iPad" then it WONT display the WEMO app. You have to tell the software that your looking threw "all" or "iPhone" and not just "iPad".

I almost think Belkin is missing out on a wonderful opportunity to create a super software package to control their line of FANTASTIC switching hardware with added features and (like another user here said) take advantage of the copious realestate that the iPads Retna display provides. I would also like to use my iPad in landscape position, where the current iPhone software only allows portrait position. GET IT TOGETHER, Belkin!!! ;-)

I would like to echo the frustration of true ipad support.  When it was new I decided to just be patient because I was sure it had to be in the works and would be coming soon.  A year or so later and I am still turning on my devices sideways.  It is clunky and  embarassing to show it to people.  It is like writing a cool program and running it on a green screen monitor (dating myself).

WEMO

[ Edited ]

To install the official WeMo app on an iPad, you will need to refine your App Store search to find iPhone apps. When searching the App Store, simply find the search filter set to "iPad Only" and change it to "all" or "iPhone Only".  Our app will be included in your new search results and should install just fine on your iPad.

I acknowledge that there is no "native" iPad app (yet) for setting up, controlling, and automating your WeMo products.  Our focus has been on mobile phones and the screen sizes associated with them.  Of course, there's a lot of potential for useful interfaces with the screen real estate afforded by today's tablets (also in landscape orientation).  It is actually for this very reason that we haven't simply ported our current phone-based apps to iPad; if we're going to devote resources to this enterprise, we want to do it with the thoughtfulness the experience really warrants.  Our user experience team is excited by the possibilities as well, but we're currently focusing energies on improvements and features that benefit users on all classes of devices.

We might work on this in the near future, but in the meantime, know that you can find, install, and run our iPhone-optimized WeMo app on your iPad.  The various orientation-based bugs mentioned in the commentary on this post have all been resolved in interim app releases.

Tom Hudson

WeMo Software Product Manager

Tom

There is no reason why the iPhone App running on an iPad has to be worse than when it is running on the iPhone. The iPhone 6 update was a big improvement on the phone but those improvements were not realised on the iPad!

I would like to put in my request for a dedicated Ipad app.  Trying to use the Iphone app as an Ipad app gives a hint of Belkin not truly investing in the future of their Wemo line.  I begin to worry about the future of the product if Belkin is not willing to invest the time it needs to for Ipad and Apple Applewatch.  If they don't want to release an Ipad app, then at least release an API so someone else can. 

Just seems like iPad and OS X users are not important to WeMo. Don't like being the stepchild of no importance.  I pad app should be of major importance seeing as Apple iPad I'd the leading seller in tablet sales.  

Tom_Hudson wrote:

To install the official WeMo app on an iPad, you will need to refine your App Store search to find iPhone apps. When searching the App Store, simply find the search filter set to "iPad Only" and change it to "all" or "iPhone Only".  Our app will be included in your new search results and should install just fine on your iPad.

I acknowledge that there is no "native" iPad app (yet) for setting up, controlling, and automating your WeMo products.  Our focus has been on mobile phones and the screen sizes associated with them.  Of course, there's a lot of potential for useful interfaces with the screen real estate afforded by today's tablets (also in landscape orientation).  It is actually for this very reason that we haven't simply ported our current phone-based apps to iPad; if we're going to devote resources to this enterprise, we want to do it with the thoughtfulness the experience really warrants.  Our user experience team is excited by the possibilities as well, but we're currently focusing energies on improvements and features that benefit users on all classes of devices.

We might work on this in the near future, but in the meantime, know that you can find, install, and run our iPhone-optimized WeMo app on your iPad.  The various orientation-based bugs mentioned in the commentary on this post have all been resolved in interim app releases.

Tom Hudson

WeMo Software Product Manager

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Google "official wemo app". All the apps in the Apple Store are bogus