WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iPhone 6s + & iOS 10.3.3

Cannot set up WeMo on this device. Originally thought it was WeMo App but had the same issue setting up Amazon Echo. All remedied by using my iPad instead.

This is a known issue at WeMo. Does Apple know?

Re: iPhone 6s + & iOS 10.3.3

Hi, Sshlansky. This is the first time someone reported this kind of issue in setting up a Wemo device. Would you mind sharing more details when you attempted to set up yours so we can have this checked with our 2nd level Support Team? Did you run into an error message? Which specific Wemo device do you own?

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Also have iPhone 6s with newest OS. It won't go to the device screen only the welcome and setup info pages. My iPad worked fine like the other person...

Hello, Doranwi. Allow us to look into the same issue that you've experienced. May we know what's the version of your Wemo app installed on your iPhone 6s? Is it up to date? Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing it before setting up your Wemo device again?

Tell us more details about this challenge so we can get this figured out.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

The app is up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. iPhone has the latest os as well. Again works fine on my iPad Air 2 with the latest everything... just not the iPhone 6s
Expert

Hi, Doranwi. Since you were able to successfully setup your Wemo devices using the iPad, your Wemo unit should automatically appear on the Wemo app once you connect your iPhone 6s on the same network. Allow our second level team investigate on this matter further. Email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can escalate a case to them and have you assisted with a more advanced troubleshooting steps.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Incorrect. The phone continues to show the generic view to help me set up devices and will not detect set up devices. True me I've tried many times. Install uninstall install test... does not work

Please have this case reported to WemoCares@belkin.com so that our Escalation Engineers can look into it closely. Include the link to this post, and your contact number and location.

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support

has this been resovlved? having the exact same issue