WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

new router and now won't recognize wifi on crock pot slow cooker

[ Edited ]

I looked at alot of posts and none of them are about the slow cooker. So I am wondering if anyone has had any problems with theirs? We got a new router for Christmas and I have done everything I have seen to do - hard resets (12 times), delete and reinstall app (7 times) and I also did a live chat and called customer support for crock pot but they didn't know the product well enough to tell me what to do that I had not already done. I am looking for new ideas.

Twila

Re: new router and now won't recognize wifi on crock pot slow cooker

Hi. We recommend that you contact Jarden Support so that they can help you properly with the Slow Cooker. Here's their number: 800-323-9519

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

That's who I called and chatted with yesterday. They don't know anymore than I have already done. It is a shame that noone can help me. I guess I need to take the product back. I have lots of crock pots and the only reason I wanted this one was for the wemo and noone seems to know anything.

[ Edited ]

Are you running 2.4GHz, 5Ghz or both? If multi-band different SSIDs?

Did it work with previous router?

IOS or Android?

The router has both 2.5 and 5 and the SSIDs are the same I believe. I am using a smart phone and yes it worked with the previous router.

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't use the same SSID's for both networks.

Smartphone-- Apple or Google Android?

Also make sure you are on the 2.4Ghz network when setting up with your phone. I'd also turn cell off so phone is only working on Wifi.

I am using an apple phone and I am on 2.4gHz and I turned off the cellular and tried doing a hard reset and deleting and reinstalling the app and still I can't connect to the wifi. Is there not another way to reset instead of unplugging and holding down the reset button until it blinks amber and green and then going to the app?

Have you tried changing the channel of your router for the 2.4 GHz frequency? You may try channels 1, 6 and 11. BTW, you may refer to this link on how to properly reset the WEMO crock pot slow cooker: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=101175 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support

I have yet to be able to use mine and have had it since September. Numerous times on phone with crock pot etc. we can use it in the house from our phone but not once we leave the home so it defeats the purpose