WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

transfer data from WeMo app

hello there

i would like to know if it's possible to transfer the data and setting when you change to a new phone and you can't use the sincronice with the back up.

thank you

Roberto

Re: transfer data from WeMo app

If we got this right, you want to transfer your Wemo App's current settings to another smartphone, correct? If so, there's no need, r2bonilla. When you download the Wemo App on another device, all Wemo devices that were already setup on your network will automatically show under the device list of the app. Also, with the Wemo App, you can create rules for any of your Wemo devices. These Rules are stored on your Wemo device and a copy is kept in your Wemo App for reference.  Whenever you use a new Wemo device/install a new Wemo App on your network, the rules will be copied over to that new Wemo device or Wemo App.

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I do not find this answer to be accurate.  When I install and launch WEMO form a new devise form the same WiFi as the previous, it does not fine the existing devices.  I'm stuck with a promt to "Add a Wemo" and can not get past that.  When I choose to add a new Wemo, I get the WiFi Settings and WQemo dialog abouyt Android Scanning being incompatable with Wemo setup.  this all seem so inapproproiate for the task of finding the existing devices.  Please help

That's odd, olebrown. Have you tried to force close or uninstall/reinstall the Wemo App for further isolation? How about using a different handheld device? If that won't work, please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our Product Expert for further diagnosis along with the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread for reference

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Hi, 

I just got a new iPhone and have the same issue as described in this topic. Did this get solved? If yes, can someone tell me how so I can use the same solution?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Kenneth De Vos

Highlighted

@devosk

Let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this further and to better assist by sending us an email to WemoCares@belkin.com. Please include the necessary information mentioned above. We'll wait for your email.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support