WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

wemo mini plug controll

Thinking about buying several mini plugs for multiple locations.  Can the mini plug be controlled remotely through the wemo app and also by Google Home when people are "on site"?  I assume this is normal thing to do, but want to make certain before I spend hundreds of dollars on them.

Thanks

Re: wemo mini plug controll

@artm123

Hi. Yes, you can control them remotely and the Wemo Mini Smart plugs can be integrated with Google Home. Follow this article on how to link Wemo devices to Google Home. However, you can only control the Wemo devices in one location. If you have multiple location, then you need to have 1 handheld device with Wemo app per location.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Thank you, you reinforced what I understood to be true.  This is exactly how I want things to work.  Thanks again.

Art

No worries, artm123. Let us know, should you encounter further challenges or have more inquiries.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

How Can I controll WEMO at multiple locations. Is it because of the SSID?, should I use the same on both locations ?

I saw a post that I need another iphone/android per device. Can I clone the Wemo application on a single device ?,

If I need two devices, can I share once device with another one so I can effectively control both locations from only one device ?

Please help

Thanks

Highlighted

@luiscabrera

Hi there! Controlling a specific Wemo unit using multiple handheld devices in multiple locations is not yet supported, but you can control it in multiple locations using a single smart device. Also, installing the Wemo App on a different handheld device locally will auto-generate all the settings that you've set on your Wemos. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support