WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

why auto-off timer resets for every standby? wemo insight

hi,

I set rule for the auto-off to turn off my coffee machine, but it never worked as expected.

in the android app I see that timer countdown resets every time after my machine goes from standby mode

this isn't what I want, I want my machine to be turned off by wemo by timer regardless when heater of machine off or on

thanks.

Re: why auto-off timer resets for every standby? wemo insight

@mikek753

Hi there! Let's try these adjustments below and observe.

1. Reboot the router/modem and the Wemo unit.

2. Try to delete and recreate the Auto-off timer rule

3. Time on the phone should be synchronized to the time on the router/modem.

4. Clear phone cache, force close the app, or even uninstall and reinstall the WEMO app.

5. Use another handheld device(s) with an updated version of the app on creating the rule.

6. Check for firmware updates of the Wemo Insight.

7. Lastly, check if the handheld device's OS is running the latest.

In addition, try creating another type of rule and see if it the same thing happens. If all of this will not work, let's give it a shot to reset the Wemo Insight, reconfigure, and recreate the rule(s). 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

hello Carl,

thank you for the reply and steps.

unfortunatelly the issue remains.

As I see it:

1. Android App doesn't allow to set lower then 2 W and as result every coffee machine heater off is treated as Standby

2. the auto-off timer doesn't count down from Wemo Insight switched to power ON from OFF, but the countdown restarted for every Standby < 2 W to full power 1000 W - so in result it's indefinate Wemo switch power ON that will never be powered OFF by the timer

as result the Wemo Insight auto-off timer doesn't work for any devices that recycle power like coffee machines or kettles or other that keeps temperature at the level, the same I think applies to any heater that shutdown heater element periodicly

can:

1. App and Insight allow lower Standby threshhold setting? like 0.1 W

2. can auto-off timer disregard the Standby and only apply to Insight from OFF to ON. skip Sandby to full ON

I need the auto-off as failsafe to turn my coffee machine OFF as my family have forgettn to turn off the machine and had run for a day or longer

and currently I can't manage to setup Wemo Insight for this matter

Should I drop Insight and look for the Mini switch?

As Mini doesn't has this "Standby" - will it work with auto-timer for my case?

thanks

Hi mikek753

We'll have this taken first with our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

required info was emailed

thanks