WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

3 of 4 Switch after firmware update not accessible

[ Edited ]

After update 4 Wemo-Switch to FW 'WeMo_WW_2.00.10966.PVT-OWRT-SNS', 3 of them, not working as they should.

1. Factory-Reset

2. Setup OK

3. Switch works and is available in the app.

After disconnect and reconnect to power, the 3 Switches are not recognized from the app.

Not pingable ! , amber blinking, but the fritzbox display a assigned dhcp-ip and signal seems ok.

Nothing help: Power cycle the switch / clear dhcp-table of Fritzbox / disconnect repeater / reduce distance between switches and router or repeater. Only the factory-reset bring it back.

Is the a way to downgrade one or two FW-Versions?

Environments: 2,4GHz, channel 8, SSID visible, Fritzbox 7490 via Fritz Repeater N/G with actual FW.

Regards,

Micha.

Re: 3 of 4 Switch after firmware update not accessible

I just have one that doesn't and it's between to that does did you get it fix

No ideas from anyone ?

All Wemo's for the garbage? Smiley Frustrated

A closed system, instructed on manufacturer's updates,...

The Wemo-Switches have never worked well, but now !?

Next system will surely be another manufacturer...

[ Edited ]

Hi there, Micha_he!

It seems that you've already pretty much isolated the situation. We'll have our Escalation Engineers look into your case from here. Send us your full name, phone number, home address, and the link to this thread (for reference) to WemoCares@belkin.com.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

Ok, I send you the data.

I'll hope, you/we found a solution. But actual the (special my) Wemo-Switch's, far away from a stable operation. Also before the last update !

Regards,

Micha

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

WemoCares@wemo.com:
SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: us-smtp-inbound-1.mimecast.com (205.139.110.145) reason: 550 Invalid Recipient - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550

I used 'WemoCares@belkin.com', that I've found in another thread.

[ Edited ]

After a unwanted power-cycle (power-supply goes down and come back), the last Wemo is also non-functional !

Top hardware/firmware/app... :-(

WEMO Maker Inventor

Are you sure it's not the repeater causing your problems?  Have you read the threads that describe the issues with repeaters/extenders/dual band routers?

If the physical button works then the switch/relay is functional.  If the wemo's LED is flashing amber it's a wifi/connection problem.  If it's not flashing but is still not accessible from the app the wemo is ok and you have a network issue.  There can also be problems with the app itself which can struggle with different network configurations.

[ Edited ]

I've tested with and without repeater. No difference.

All Wemo's flashing amber and all physical buttons are working.

My dualband-router is configured with different SSID's and the Wemos' are connected to the 2.4GHz-WLan.

The 4. Wemo shows, that it works (over weeks) until it is disconnected from power-supply.

It seems that the Wemo loose the WLan authentication or the correct network information. But without a fallback troubleshooting-solution, I can't control this setup-info!

Micha