WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: 3 of 4 Switch after firmware update not accessible

Sorry, you did say that earlier.

Also as you said, most likely the latest firmware is incompatible with your extender as most of us are running ok with plain networks.  You may want to return them (but if you plan to bin them you can send them to me!).  Maybe belkin will help 'cause they often struggle to fix these types of problems.

You could confirm by turn off all network devices except your router, then power cycle it and your wemos to see if they reconnect (stop flashing amber).  It may be necessary to move them closer to the router and to wait some minutes after the power cycle, esp if they're wemo minis.

Another option might be to press an old wifi router back into service on a separate SSID dedicated to the wemos.  Sometimes other tricks like a fixed wifi channel and reserved IPs in DHCP can help.

News from my environment:

After near 16h of not working, the fourth Wemo ist back in network ! Without any change...

The workaround, power off repeater -> power off router -> power off Wemo -> power on router -> power on Wemo near the router without the repeater, I already tried. No improvement !

Router is the same over 3 years, repeater is the same for over 6 years and no other WLan-/LAN-device shows any problem, except all (or near all) Wemo's.

Micha

Only a short joy :-(

10min later, the switch is gone again. I've nothing done !

I've found something unnormal in the log from router and repeater (same entries, whether the Wemo ist connected to repeater or direct to router):

In the WLan-events, all Wemo's are disconnected and reconnected, with a interval of ~50sec or less !

AnAbmeldung_Wemo.jpg

Today while nothing of import was happening on my network, all 9 of my Wemo switches  F7C030fc, all 3 of my Wemo F7C027 and my  1 F7C063, started flashing yellow.  that was about 6 hours ago.  Still flashing yellow now.  I tried factory reset on one of the F7C030fc switches but it will not connect.  This is just feaking wonderful.  Everything else on my network is good (Smart things, Hue Bulbs and 4 Amazon Alexa)

It seems that the support has to much to do, with the large number of non-functioning wemo devices Smiley Very Happy

After a short call on saturday, is now all still standing again. Or, no one can speak german....!?

All my Wemo's are doing futher the same...

Hi there, edramski. This seems odd. What are the Wemo devices' status on the app? Are all the units running on the latest firmware? Also, were you able to reset the Light Switch using the steps found in this link?

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

Update for all with identical problems:

Call with the geman support. Clarify missing data of my environment and a new guided factory-reset and a followed new setup. Result: The same situation with all 4 Wemo's. Works until disconnect from power. All (screenshots, videos) reported per mail to the support.

I'm waiting for their reaction...

[ Edited ]

Latest News:

Again, no call from the Wemo-support !

But I've used the time, while I've waiting for the agreed call, and play with the wifi-channels...

The problem exist only, with Wifi-channels 7 & 8 !

If I use 1-6 (overcrowded here) and channels 9-12, all Wemos work perfectly. Also after a restart of all Wemos.

With channel 7 & 8 the following occurs:

Wemos are on power. Router is switch to one of two channels. Wemos follow the change and work perfectly....

... until the Wemos are powered off and then on again. All Wemos can't connect !

Then config the router to the other channel, e.g. from 7 to 8 or vice versa, the Wemos are back again, without a restart ! But only until they restart (disconnect/connect power) Smiley Sad

All 4 Wemos: Same Problem, same channels.

No other device is affected!

Are they not suitable for Wifi-channel 7 & 8 ???

@Micha_he

Based on your description, it seems like channel 7 & 8 are having interference; this may be due to physical obstructions or wireless interference coming from neighboring networks. For more details, check out this link

Also, we were able to check your record in our system and it shows that the team has sent you an email. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support