WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

8 digit HomeKit code

I can see my Wemo mini from HomeKit app. When I click on it to add HomeKit support it asks me to scan the HomeKit QR code on device or packaging. It’s not printed on device. If I click on cannot scan device it prompts me for an 8 digit HomeKit setup code. How do I add the mini into HomeKit after the latest firmware update?

Re: 8 digit HomeKit code

WEMO Maker Inventor

They don't give you the code, you'll find the function to link to homekit in the Wemo app settings.

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

Aha! I’m still on version 1.19 of app. Will try again tonight after update. Thought it was just the hardware side of update.

I deleted and reinstalled Wemo app and then disconnected, factory reset and reconnect all Wemo devices one at a time. Then from Wemo app I was able to connect to Apple Home without entering any code. Make sure that you’re connected to the same WiFi network as the Wemo devices when setting it up.

Yes that's ticket!  Had to uninstall the WeMo iOS app, reinstall and then the Wemo Mini SmartPlug showed up under Apple Home Kit option in Wemo app.

Done and happy.  Now...if Belkin could update firmware to make the wall switches Home Kit friendly!!  Smiley Wink