WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alexa and light bulbs. Issue with dimming all of a sudden

So I have been using alexa for my light bulbs in my family room, and using the dimming functions and all that.

Well 2-3 days ago they stopped dimming. I ask alexa to set lamps (something I’ve been using since the beginning) and it responds with lamps doesn’t support that.

Has anyone had this issue? It works on the wemo app when I dim them, and I’ve unplugged the link as well.

Re: Alexa and light bulbs. Issue with dimming all of a sudden

I have just tried to delete them and regroup them in the alexa

We'd like to get a better picture of your setup, Ac921ol. What Wemo device/s did you integrate with Alexa to dim your bulbs? Also, is Alexa able to turn On and Off the bulbs? We'll sort this out. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same issue. I also cannot control any bulbs from routines.
Highlighted

I have a wemo link and wemo bulbs connected to alexa. (Plus a bunch of other wemo devices, Light switches, plugs, Nest) and alexa is able to turn off my lamps, just won’t dim anymore.

Only way I can dim is with the wemo app.

Still looking for that help.

My wemo light bulbs turn on and off with alexa, they just won’t dim. It says lamps doesn’t support that (group of 2 bulbs)

Ac921ol

Our Wemo bulbs should not really work with Alexa. What we can advise is to use IFTTT instead, like associating the Wemo Lightning Service and the Amazon Alexa via IFTTT.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

Bulbs on the Link have worked with Alexa since March. IFTTT is not a viable platform for controlling smart home devices. Commands can take minutes to run.