WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Alexa and light bulbs. Issue with dimming all of a sudden

Cool, so I just saw WeMo discontinued the bulbs in 2015/2016... Looks like the Link update is just for WeMo switches, dimmers, and plugs.

I know I just said I was done with Belkin, but this really just cemented the fact that I'll never do business with you people again. You gladly took my money, refused to replace bulbs that had manufacturing defects, and now are just completely done supporting the lights. So glad I spent $400+ on WeMo products knowing that they had the Belkin name behind them Man LOL

Hi, All, 

We'd like to have your case forwarded to our 2nd level Support Team so our Escalation Engineers can work with you and conduct further diagnosis with this issue. Please e-mail us the following information at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can open a ticket for you in our system:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country);
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community Thread (for our reference):

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Email sent, nothing back yet

It’s like they didn’t even read the thread.

Wow

Hi, Alexis,

Can control and dim the lights using the Wemo app? As of this writing, the LED bulbs are not compatible with the Alexa and to verify, did you use a third party app to dim and control the lights using the Alexa? If the Wemo products are working with the Wemo app, we suggest contacting the developer of the third party app that you are using to further isolate this.

Let us know should there be anything else that we can assist you with.

Regards,

Wemo Support
www.wemo.com

Demand escalation to Tier 2.  Their Tier 1 helpdesk is a contracted offshore service who cannot deviate from a script.  

Here is an update.

Hello, Alexis,

Your case regarding WEMO has been forwarded to our department and we hope to provide assistance. We’d like to call you tomorrow between 3 PM and 9 PM Eastern. Please feel free to reply to this e-mail if you have any concerns.

Your case ID is 089xxxxx

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Criz,
Customer Assurance Team
Belkin Technical Support

So I talk to them on the phone, and this was level 2 they said they don’t have an alexa/amazon rep, so they don’t know about updates to echo.

But since it’s work within the app, that it seems like it must be something with alexa and she asked me about current updates to alexa.

I am talking to Amazon as I type, they say for people that are having the issue to. 

respond on the app where it says "Send Feedback" or on a computer at this link. 

https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#help

Amazon is creating a ticket for me, and will be in touch with there developers, I gave them firmware updates as well. 2.1.162.0 to 2.2.323.2

which has been 3 months ago to 1 month ago. (mine started having issues around then) 

Wemo does not think its an issue on there side, and told me to handle it with Amazon basically. 

hopefully it gets figured out sooner then later, otherwise Im heading to Samsung Smartthings next sale, lol 

hopefully enough people complain

It is an issue with the WeMo Skill for Alexa. Belkin broke it.

That’s what I was thinking, wemo has not reached back out to me after my last exchange with them.

Mods any news or details on this?