WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Alexa can't dim lights anymore

This feature used to work, and whoever is responsible for development of the Wemo Skill for Alexa has broken it.  I join the cast of many others who are no longer able to control the brightness of bulbs on the link with Alexa.

Belkin, please provide an update forthrightly as to why this problem was introduced for a previously-working feature and when it will be corrected, along with what steps have been taken internally to prevent bugs like this from being pushed to production going forward.

Re: Alexa can't dim lights anymore

I'm having the same issue since about 11/21/17. Can't dim the wemo light bulbs with Alexa. Very annoying constant bad surprises with wemo and Alexa integration.

I've had the same issue for over a week now.

Alexa & Light Bulbs Issue With Dimming All of a Sudden

Hi, All, 

Allow us to have your case forwarded to our Escalation Engineers so they can contact you and conduct further diagnosis of this issue. Please e-mail us the following information at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can open a ticket for you in our system:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country);
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community Thread (for our reference):

We'll be waiting.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

We Just recently bough and installed the Wemo Dimmer thinking that we would be able to voice control the lights with Alexa. Unfortunately we can turn off and turn on using voice commands with Alexa but cannot dim the lights. Alexa responds "the light doesn't support that". We tried enebling and disabling the skill App. Still doesn't work. This is very disappointing. Not happy with this purchase right now. I hope this issue gets resolved soon.

We are having the same issue. The bulbs can dim manually on the app. They were working wonderfully until a month or so ago. I asked Alexa to dim lights to 20% as always when we watch tv. She responded “that does not support that”. I redid the light bulbs thinking they must have lost connection. No luck. We have also TP Link bulbs in our bedroom and they work fine with Alexa. They dim when asked. These bulbs are expensive we have 6 of them from Wemo. And 6 smart plugs. Please advise and I hope you fix this problem.