WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Alexa works with WeMo bulbs

MikeP, I'm using Alexa (US) and a WeMo Link (US) in NZ. Works flawlessly. 

Karam, does it work if you use an alternative app called Yonomi? Is your Alexa set to an US address, not UK or German?

So many of us got it working straight away, so it's weird that your one isn't.

[ Edited ]

I tried yonomi. I was able to link the skill and discover all wemo bulbs. However it is very bugy and the app keeps crashing on my tablets. 

I have tried US and German address and none of them are managing to find devices. I'm clueless to what is preventing discovery. 

Hi

Hi have the same issue adding wemo skill on alexa on my wemo bridge(AUS).  Im not sure if the verification process checks the region of the bridge based on product code or something else as I also tried adding the skill using VPN(USA) again same error message.

For those who were able to add wemo skill on Alexa:

- Do you have other Wemo products beside the LED bulbs?

- Is your location in USA?

- Is your bridge for USA region?

Since wemo discontinued the LED bulbs(23yrs life expectancy)..  when our bridge dies within the 2yr warrany period will Belkin supply us another bridge?  Most likely not... so maybe we can return our bulbs and kits now while warranty is still valid.

Is there another system that can replace the bridge so we can still use the "smart" features of the bulb?  Wemo said they have not abandoned us but if three's no replacement bridge available then it's useless.

Thank you

Highlighted

@youmo

For those who were able to add wemo skill on Alexa:

- Do you have other Wemo products beside the LED bulbs? Yes, Light Switch & smart plug

- Is your location in USA? Yes

- Is your bridge for USA region? Yes

Pior to the Alexa skill I was using Yonami to control my lights with Alexa, as @Karam stated the app was a bit buggy, but easier to use than IFTTT, no need to start with Trigger". 

My Wemo bridge is EU

[ Edited ]

Did you stop using yonomi? If it wasn't for the constant crashing it would have been ideal.  But yeah the weno bridge is a nightmare. I'm currently using IFTTT as i have no other choice.

People recommend using Smartthings from Samsung as replacement or Wink? 

thanks..

based on newton, bones and karams replies it seems adding the wemo skill is only for USA wemo links.  I even tried to mask my IP to USA and it does not work.

i don't have any issue with yonomi i just wanted to try wemos native skill in case yonomi monetize their app.  i installed yonomi app on my android 6 device and made sure to exclude the app from battery optimizations that will automatically close the app while on background.  i also set the app to autorun incase it was turned off as i noticed if yonomi app was closed i couldn't control my led bulbs using alexa but will work again once the app is restarted.  my plan is to install the yonomi app on my spare phone and leave it running at home.

i still have to test adding the skill on ios as i tried and failed on android and pc.  i still have to try adding the skill on my wemo light switches.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Karam wrote:

People recommend using Smartthings from Samsung as replacement or Wink? 

If you're using android you can keep the Wemo Link and use WemoLEDs (link below).  Unfortunately voice support is still a bit clunky though, and you'd have to continue to use the belkin app for remote access.

Thanks how do you use WenoLEDs with Alexa?
Yonomi is a nightmare. Tried it on a nexus 7 running Android 6 and Nexus 9 running 7.1.1 and on both it closes it self in background even with optimization off. Not sure if it's android fault or the app. Either its worthless if it doesn't run constantly

thanks mike.. im using your apps for local control.. i will pair it with tasker but dont have time to play around setting it up. can i control the bulbs using your app+ tasker with alexa?