WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Alternative to Wemo Maker

Used this with Wemo Switch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017743I7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works perfectly for an On/Off device like my fireplace.

I ordered a WeMo switch from an online seller, but today received a WeMo Maker instead.  Seems new in box and sealed.  Is this worth keeping or should I return it?  I am in the UK.

What do you want to do with it?

Good question.  I thought if they are hard to obtain it may be worth keeping in case I find a use in the future.  However, since i have no current use in mind I suppose the prudent thing is to return it.

Thanks!

Sounds right. They never had widespread usage, are now discontinued, and do not get firmware upgrades. 

Hi,

Would I be able to use that Amazon relay with the Wemo insight to trigger IFTTT by attaching a manual push button to the relay?

Thanks

I don't see how, the relay is sealed.

Highlighted

Ok.  So the Maker was the only Wemo device to do such things.

Found this for a 120ac to dry contact solution.. gonna remote control turning on the heat to my hot tub. I currently have a switch that switchs between the hot tub thermister to a resistor that makes the hot tub think its 103 degrees.. i did this because when the power goes out the controller defaults to 100 degrees.. now I just have to put this inline somehow.. clean solution, hopefully..

Enclosed AC/DC Power Relay with Protection & De-Bounce. Screw Terminals. 120V Trigger Input. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017743I7S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_DTNTAbX40G4V1