WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Any update on the Apple Homekit integration? The hub was announced 6 months ago.

Would really like an update or something on where the homekit integration is at? I hate to say it but I need to jump ship if it's not coming soon. I'm sure there are others who feel the same too. Please just be a little more open and let us know.

Re: Any update on the Apple Homekit integration? The hub was announced 6 months ago.

Hey there, eTron. We still don't have an ETA for the hub. However, we'll be providing more details about it's release really soon. Thanks for the continued support and patience.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Re: Any update on the Apple Homekit integration? The hub was announced 6 months ago.

If your dev team is trying to get Homebridge to work on an RPi you’re sticking in a WeMo branded box and can’t figure out why mDNSResponder won’t play nice, or the service won’t start at boot, or the service doesn’t recover from crashes, let me know. I’ll have your product market-ready by the end of the week.

I’m so with you on this! It’s crazy that a product was mentioned MONTHS ago and a release date or any specifics for that matter hasn’t been announced yet? I hate to agree with you but I’m going 100% homekit and if I have too I’ll stop buying non homekit supported devices. HomeKit integration is is so much better then the automation from my amazon echo devices. Christmas is soon and switches will be on my list as I’m sure 100’s of others. If something isn’t released soon I’ll just ask for ihome switches instead.......

[ Edited ]

With nothing in the sales pipeline for the holiday season I suspect Belkin is preparing to jettison the WeMo brand. Look at the state of the product: people with plugs and switches with relays failing en masse, the rules engine doesn’t work at all for anybody anymore, the integration with Alexa went completely sideways, the products can’t connect to standard home WiFi reliably, the Maker was silently discontinued and abandoned, the Link doesn’t support 90% of the bulbs available on the market (well, the Link does, but the app deliberately blocks them from working) and supported bulbs can’t update their firmware correctly, the app is incompatible with the latest version of Android, the HomeKit Bridge which would have allowed Belkin to leapfrog their position in the market is seemingly vaporware, and the official position of the support forum is “have you tried reinstalling the app?” for any and all questions, except for questions about something that used to work but now doesn’t, in which case the response is “well it really was never supposed to work in the first place.”

I hope it’s available by Xmas or I’ll be offloading all my plugs and switches. I’ve already stopped buying wemo and don’t recommend it to anyone.

I own and use three WeMo outlets. They have rules and all. I've been using them for almost two years and they work really well. Not one single glitch to report.

When/if a HomeKit bridge comes out I'll be getting one for sure. I would get more WeMo units but I'm waiting for HomeKit compliance before I buy more.

Lord_M wrote:

Hey there, eTron. We still don't have an ETA for the hub. However, we'll be providing more details about it's release really soon. Thanks for the continued support and patience.

“really soon?” ... it’s been a month.

Hello, Guys,

The Wemo Bridge will go live anytime this spring 2018. Stay tuned. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I was told in November by your customer support team to expect a release sometime in December (17).  Now you are saying Spring 2018. Your press announcements said Fall 2017??  I just bought some more devices in anticipation of a December release.  I will now plan on returning them. Poor marketing.