WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Any update on the Apple Homekit integration? The hub was announced 6 months ago.

I agree, all my future purchases of Wemo devices are on hold until Apple's HomeKit is fully supported. Same with Nest. Philips Hue lighting has set the bar, love them.

Re: Any update on the Apple Homekit integration? The hub was announced 6 months ago.

Imo they’ve lost ground as a company. From routers to automation. All these new companies stepping up and making our homes run flawlessly.

I wonder if Apple's requirement for a proprietary chip to a secure HomeKit had anything to do with the delay. I heard Apple dropped this requirement back in June in favor of a software solution. I've had my Wemo devices for years and the wait for HomeKit integration is tiring but I've recently settled for the Amazon Echo solution. The Echo Plus is looking more and more appealing each day as I'm only using the echo dot for in-home access only. I plan on getting an Apple TV in the near future so HomeKit would be nice if a software solution is pushed out vs another hub. If a hub does come out and it's above $20 don't even bother releasing it unless it completely boosts the performance and connectiviy of existing switches.

Highlighted

The fact that they missed their December promise tells me conclusively that they are waiting on the developer of homebridge’s WeMo plugin to fully implement the dimmer before they release his work preinstalled on a Raspberry Pi inside a WeMo branded box.

Well I guess it’s the waiting game still.

I have six switch is I'm selling for half price to buy apple HomeKit compatible
I used to press all my customers to buy the WeMo not anymore
Belkin you need to keep up or get out of the market
Lies and **bleep**ty marketing is not a way to do business

wemo bridge i have 10 wemos and was going to buy more but home kit is what i want if bridge isnt coming il have to go in another direction

I'd simply appreciate a true open apology about the launch of the Wemo Bridge and how there was a clear gap in communication. Hearing that from a company like Belkin would really go a long way in my book.

Finally, HomeKit bridge is added to Wemo App, does anyone know when is going to be available for purchas?

Where is it in app?