WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Any update on the Apple Homekit integration? The hub was announced 6 months ago.

Wemo App on apple app store
And in app: More -> Settings -> Connect to Siri

Re: Any update on the Apple Homekit integration? The hub was announced 6 months ago.

Ok seriously.

$69.95 for Elgato eve light switch through the Apple website has connectivity to homekit. Can use Siri no additional equipment needed.

$72.99 for the Belkin WeMo light switch from Lowes.
Now I have to purchase another device to make this switch compatible with Siri?

Best not cost much. Otherwise you know what you can do with your devices?

Had I known this prior to purchase......

That’s exciting to see.

Finals some good news from Wemo/Belkin, we hope with good low price!

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/07/belkin-homekit-bridge-wemo-lineup/

It’s $40 and will be on sale tomorrow.

Fingers crossed. It’s seamless

FYI, if you subscribe to the WEMO email newsletter, there was a 40% off code for the Wemo Bridge in it which knocks $16 off the price.  Even with the shipping charge,  that’s a better deal than you’ll get by buying it elsewhere. 

So, other than voice control, which I have no desire to use, what does the bridge get me that I can't do through the wemo app, given that I have no HomeKit devices?

The marketing says HomeKit is "easier", but I already know how to use wemo's app so paying $40 to use a different app and adding another point of failure to the process doesn't seem better...

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Suggest you read up on Homekit to see what it offers.

Anyone receive their bridge yet??