WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dbx

App and Hardware Problems

Aside from the problems listed below, now I am having Not Detected problems with my WEMO Insight devices.

n my iPhone the app is taking a long time to load.  I am getting the green screen with the rolling donut.  Often it seems to "time-out" and just end up stopping and returning to the phone home screen.  Sometimes I have to start the app multiple times to get to the operating screen.  YES, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. (every time I uninstall and reinstall the app I have to re-sort the list order of the devices.)

Devices disappear off of the list.  Non-detected devices used to show up as greyed out.  Now they just disappear.  This is true for mini devices as well as wall switches.  If they were greyed out at least you knew that there was an issue that needed to be addressed.  Since the undetected devices now disappear you dont know that you have a problem until you need that device.  YES, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. (every time I uninstall and reinstall the app I have to re-sort the list order of the devices.)

The report an issue part of the app is non-functional.  I tried to use it yesterday and it just timed out after a while and said to try again later.  YES, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. (every time I uninstall and reinstall the app I have to re-sort the list order of the devices.)

The WEMO bridge nees frequent re-boots.

WEMO support......   WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO CORRECT THESE NEW ISSUES?

Highlighted

Re: App and Hardware Problems

We understand your sentiments towards this matter, dbx. May we know what's the LED light status of the Wemo devices if it shows undetected on the Wemo app? Also, how often does the Wemo devices gets undetected? For further isolation, let's try to check if the firmware version of the devices are updated, and please do update it if necessary. You can also use a different handheld device and check if that'll make any difference. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I am experiencing these exact same issues with my iPhone and Wemo wall switches.  After I finally get past the whirling "Wemo green screen," which takes forever to open--if at all-- I now have three switches that say "not detected" and no matter what I try, can't get them back online... Something's up....

Hello jakebozz. Let's look into this setback closely. What's the LED status of the Wemo devices at the moment? Can you still control them on your Wemo app? Please check if the remote access feature is enabled.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support