WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Are WeMo devices down for anyone as of tonight - System wide outage??

Just to confirm I can control my sockets via the app. Firmware update not connecting though. Google Home still not able to connect .

@GFC and @TangoGolf,

May we know the model number of your Wemo device so we can have a better look at it? Have you received any error message upon linking your device to Google Home? Please share with us the details of it. For isolation, try to power cycle your devices, and force close the Google Home App before re-linking it again. Make sure that the Remote Access is enabled and observe its behaviour.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Come on WeMo....  Down again?  starting to experience the same issues as the nite of the 21st...  Only some WeMo devices work some dont.  Alexa can turn some on manually and cant by voice...  I can open the app and do a refresh and some detected devices change to not detected while others change to detected...... If I knew another manufacturer of a good working product, I would sell my WeMo stuff in a garage sale.....  SAD, Ive only had them about 3 weeks and seems like its been down more than it works....  I bought some cheap wifi light bulbs at Wal-Mart that hasnt bobbled in 3 week, But my mini's and switched seem to not respond more than they actually work.....

PLEASE HELP!

Hi, JoeBland. Were you able to try the workaround mentioned by such as rebooting your WEMO devices or unlink them from Alexa, then re-link them again? Let us know so we can endorse you to our 2nd Level Support for further assistance.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Here we go again... Like everyone else, lost ability to control via Google Home and via WeMo app. Did a reset of one of the plugs, now can't even set it up. Debating throwing it away, along with the rest, and buying a Clapper.

@RowdyGoat

Apologies for the inconvenience! The recent Wemo Cloud outage has been fixed by our Engineering team and a reboot on your network devices should do the trick. Let us have our Escalation Engineers take a look into this before you set the units aside. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

• Full name.
  • Phone number and Location - City or State.
  • Model numbers of the Wemo devices.
  • Community Username.
  • The link to this post for easy reference.
Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

So does reboot mean we need to completely reset the devices and set them up from scratch all over again, which means going back into our house Network and reassigning them to the bedroom groups or whatever that they're in? That's such a pain in the ass.

@Wizzo

Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the requested details asked by Carl_S and the MAC addresses of your WEMO devices so we can have the Team assist you further.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Come on now, I sent an email late Late last night, and I haven't heard anything back. I've restarted and even reset some of my light switches. Gone through the whole process of setting them up again, and it says Alexa discovered them, but then it still won't work. What the hell's going on? You guys are about to be swamped with a bunch of scathing reviews on as many public sites as I can get to. This has been a week now. It's ridiculous!
Highlighted

Mine just showes up connected in the Wemo App a week later!!!! The usual business of not connecting to wireless after moving them and resetting them. These things are impossible and flawed to no end. Was there a hardware revision done on these? They just dont work as expected. Bought a couple of TP-Link and setup was 3 mnutes start to finish and if I move them to another room or outlet they connect right up no priblem as expected. NOT the Wemo Mini Outlet. Strap in for a nifhtly session of frustration teying to get them to connect.