WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Are WeMo devices down for anyone as of tonight - System wide outage??

[ Edited ]

As of 8PM EDT - all my WeMo devices do not respond to WeMo App nor Amazon Echo nor Google Home.

WeMo System outage?

Been using them for 4 years.

Re: Are WeMo devices down for anyone as of tonight - System wide outage??

Mine are all acting crazy. There one minute, not there three next. I did a firmware update today. Not working with Google ever since. Really frustrating. Spend all this money for convenience then I'm wasting my time trying to get it to work. 😞

[ Edited ]

This has been happening way too much lately.  I am currently looking to replace all my semi outlet switches.

Mine are the same. I called to Wemo support and they confirmed the Wemo cloud issue with no ETA...

It’s 11:19pm and it’s freezing. I have 3 large parrots that need their heaters turned on at home. It was warm today so i remotely turned them off. I am out of town and my Wemo switches are “not detected.” How lovely we learn to depend on technology only to fail us. They were 100% reliable for 5 months until I did the update. Very disappointed...

I hope your birds are ok.

It's one thing for the remote service not work because they're having issues.  But it is enough worse that I am at home and my goggle home can't work with the devices.  There is no good reason why a Google Home needs to talk to the Semi service in order to turn a switch in the same location.

A Google Home (or Alexa, etc) should be able to turn these things on and off without using Wemo's service, just like their app can.

This is a ridiculous design flaw.

Definitely not the first problem in the last five months. There was a pretty significant period of downtime a couple months ago where wemo couldn't talk to Google. I've never had these problems with my TP Link switches, and I'm currently working on replacing my Wemo switches. It just doesn't make sense if you spend more time trying to troubleshoot their problems and that takes way more time than what I would spend with a traditional switch.

On a good note I am glad I'm not the only one here.. I have been down for the past hour or so... nothing is connecting. 

Mine is also down.  Wemo needs to fix there issue. I thought it was just me, then I searched online.

I’m down as well 😞