WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Are WeMo devices down for anyone as of tonight - System wide outage??

@memjr wrote:

This has been happening way too much lately.  I am currently looking to replace all my semi outlet switches.

You might be able to save your investment by running your own local server using AutomationManager.  You can stop relying on belkin's cloud servers and still have voice, remote access, and with richer automation/integration.  It's compatible with most of the major IoT devices so you can expand without needing multiple vendor solutions or throwing out what you already have.

By keeping your home automation *inside* your home you gain in reliability while preserving your privacy and reducing your risk from IoT hackers.

The WeMos are one of the most stable of the IoT devices when managed locally - it's the cloud and app that's the problem.  TP Link is pretty good but they have reliability problems too esp with their bulbs.  Many of the cheaper devices can only be used via their cloud, and all of them force you to have an account, revealing your email id, location, SSID and password - pretty intrusive.

For anyone interested there's a link below for more info and you can email me with any questions.

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

been down since when I last noticed which was about 9:00 PM last night EDT.  Been over 13 hours and its still down, just like it was around new years/ late December.  Don't bother deleting and trying to add devices back in Google Home, doesn't help.

Same here. Can't even submit a problem report from my iPhone (it can't communicate with Wemo mother ship to report a problem)

No fuctionality with google home as of 7:00am

Can’t remotely connect.

C’mon WeMo

You are losing customers because of issues constantly. I have had my dimmer and mini plugs since dec and nothing but headaches.

***INFORM YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT THE SYSTEM HAS ISSUES***

Wemo you owe me 2 hrs of my life back trying to reconnect to your trash servers.

App works fine, remote services won’t work nor will amazon linked commands..... Wemo cust srvc on wait for 45 min and counting.... need to plug phone in.

Cust srvc isn’t answering calls, can’t do a chat, can’t leave an email srvc ticket..... someone send police to Wemo cust srvc for welfare check....

It's been over 30 days since I purchased my wemo devices on Amazon so I can't return them.

I am very unsastified with your product and services, please send me (us) instructions on how to send these devices back and get a full refund.

Thanks.

So am I. All my lights are on! Can't recognize them nevermind turn them off.

Integration between WeMo, IFTTT and Alexa also not working. Would be nice if WeMo had a system status page.

Still can’t add to Google Home... 12h19 pm EST.