WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Are WeMo devices down for anyone as of tonight - System wide outage??

[ Edited ]

The only "status" page I could find was the WEMOcares Twitter page at https://twitter.com/WEMOcares/with_replies .

"There's a current downtime on our Wemo Cloud and somehow it affects our partner integrations and the app's remote access feature. Our Engineering Team is currently working on it. We’d like to ask for a little patience regarding this matter."

I started having problems 3 days ago. I'm in Florida on vacation trying to cycle lights in my home 1000 miles away. 2 days ago it was hit or miss, but yesterday afternoon I can't connect to any devices in my home. I can access other remote items fine, such as my security cameras, so it's not my home network.

Same problem and it happened when I accepted a firmware update. It was really late last night. Ever since, mayhem with the devices. I did reboot the devices but you have to control them via your cell phone app. They will not work with Alexa. Alexa will detect a new device, but it will not be able to operate it. That's all I know right now.

is there a ling you can send us to on a step by step how to?

Has anyone been able to get a realtime update, I looked on Twitter and the last really useful update was about the mainteance, and it is interesting they had maintenance and then this started.  It would be nice if they would at least post a status. 

TP Link switches huh? I guess I will switch as well. I am done with Wemo. A networking company that can't keep its networking **bleep** together has no place in my home. 

I did update this morning and my wemo are not working!! I have 3and none are working!
Community Manager

We are truly sorry for the long outage. Just got word from the team that the issue has been fixed and remote access and integrations should work again.

Can you confirm and let us know here if you still experience issues?

Community Manager | PC Gamer | Mountain Biker

I’m still unable to re-enable remote access.

I turned it off last night thinking that was the issue...

Remote Access is working but unable to add WeMo to Google Home anymore.