WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attempting WEMO Switch Install and Light Flickering

I'm attempting to install my first WEMO Switch. It's a non-dimmer, just normal switch. I have an older 1950s house with knob and tube wiring and was afraid I wouldn't have a neutral wire. However, I did find a white-capped wire, in addition to the two black wires.

So I hooked it all up, turned on the power and the ceiling light the switch is supposed to control is now continually softly flickering. I switched the two black wires and tried again and the light is still flickering really weakly like it's not drawing enough power. The switch itself works fine and I can see and add the device on the Wemo App. 

Any suggestions? I've attached a pic in case the issue is my wiring.IMG_0959.jpgIMG_0958.jpg

Re: Attempting WEMO Switch Install and Light Flickering

@jacksonrabbit Apologies for the late response. For the wiring installation, you may follow the steps provided on this link. http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8185...Do keep us posted on how it goes.  

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

i just got the exact same problem in a 10 years old department. also, the link above dont work.

Hi, blacklinx. If you're not familiar with electrical work, we recommend that you seek assistance from a professional electrician for safety purposes. Also, here's the installation instructions.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support