WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Bad firmware update turns lights off within seconds

I’ve a current update that’s been updating now for 4 days and I’ve lost connection with one of my minis.

COME ON WEMO - SAY SOMETHING AND DO SOMETHING TO AMMEND.

Short update - I finally tried resetting one ( held down power button for about 30 seconds while plugging it in, connected to the wemo via wifi, went through setup like adding a new device) and now it seems to work again. I reset the other three and they are all working again. Bit of a pain but atleast they're working again.
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

FWIW WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2 is the firmware that's been on the minis for quite some time now (many months?).  Mine is older, probably a v1, but it's working fine.  There may be something in your network environment that's started triggering them if you upgraded from the old firmware lately.  Or it's that security bug they have in the belkin cloud, could be someone has created some online rules (e.g. on IFTTT)  that are affecting your devices too.

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

Mini smart plugs now turning off within seconds. Switches are unaffected, just the plugs.
WeMo_WW_2.00.11299.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

I just upgraded to 11299 maybe two or three days ago. It wasn't a smooth upgrade on one of the Minis - the LED kept flashing and the app showed it was updating. I tried to use SmartThings to turn it on and off, and that stopped the flashing. The next morning the Wemo app showed this Mini had been updated to 11299.

Since the update this Mini has downloaded 1.93GB and uploaded 608MB per my UniFi Controller. There must be something wrong.

It seems that 11143 is a downgrade to the previous version.

I have the same problem. Lights turn off after a few seconds this issue just started yesterday.

The units can also be 'fixed' by doing a full reset through the wemo app, HOWEVER, all settings, rules, IFTTT integration, pics, etc has to be redone. I have 5 minis with complex rules, wireless tags, IFTTT & Alexa integration. I've reset 2 units so far and plan to watch them for a day before doing the rest. From this point forward, I will no longer accept firmware updates.

Having to do this at all is UNACCEPTABLE. Hours of my time are being wasted on this issue all because Wemo isn't testing firmware before releasing it. I don't plan on buying more or recommending Belkin products at all to anyone unless there is huge improvement and an apology for wasting everyone's time with this bs.

I have 5 wemo minis.  On Feb 2,2019 they were running firmware *11143*. The app indicated new firmware was available. I started the update and 4 of the 5 updated successfully. The update was *11299*. The updated modules now would only turn on the outlet for a few seconds before turning off. The module that didn't update still worked properly. A short while later, the app indicated that another update was available. I started that update. It turned out to be back to *11143*. After returning to firmware *11143*, the 4 modules were not fixed and still turned off after a few seconds. Firmware *11299* appeared to have made permanent changes. I reset the 4 modules by holding the switch while plugging them in and following the setup in the app. After setup, these outlets will stay on. I believe a couple outlets did not properly follow their programs, two outlets appeared to follow their programs.  I believe a module turned on by itself with no active program.

On Feb 3,2019 the app shows an update available. It's *11299* again. The release notes I found are brief and make no mention of any of this.  Is this the same as the firmware that messed up my modules yesterday?  Was the problem not with the firmware?Has anyone updated to *11299* today?

I checked for firmware updates yesterday after resetting my minis but none were available. Today the Wemo app is asking me to upgrade to 11299. Thanks, but no thanks.

I updated my switch last night and realize something wrong with the firmware, it turn off automatically after a few seconds, user should be able to go back to the previous version if finds something wrong like with your last firmware update.