WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bad firmware update turns lights off within seconds

The firmware update WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2 has made all of my minis useless. They turn on and switch themselves right back off within a few seconds. Yesterday I got three of my four to install a different update and they worked again, but today that installed the bad update again and are all back to not working. I'm about ready to never buy wemo or Belkin again if they don't fix this.

Re: Bad firmware update turns lights off within seconds

Exact same problem here. The update broke 3 (of 7) of my wemo mini plugs. They need to fix this fast\!!!!!!

For the record, I unplugged each one, reset my router and even reinstalled one from scratch. Nothing I do fixes this. I won't allow the firmware update to corrupt the rest of my plugs either. WTF

Exact same issue. Firmware update caused all 4 of my mini plugs to stop working correctly. Devices turn on for about 3-seconds and then turn off. To fix it required me to reset all my plugs to the factory settings and they now work but I will not update. What a painful process since some plugs were behind large furniture. This update should be removed so other customers don't have to endure the pain.

[ Edited ]

I hear you loud and clear *Kackygreen* about not buying any more Wemo's. I'm pissed with Belkin too over this faulty firmware update that screwed up all my Wemo mini's. Do they not test their firmware updates before releasing them to the Wemo Client's? I guess its easier to use us as guinea pigs and push out faulty firmware updates that dont work and see what happens! Just proves that they got a bunch of amateurs working on this stuff. The restoration to factory default and setting up again does work, but what a waste of our time because of their mistake!

Same thing happened to me. Next time I will only test on 1 plug. Since the Wemo firmware updates have always work (for me) in the past, I updated all my mini's... what a mistake. They need to remove this as an update they push ASAP. *Kackygreen* had already reported this as an issue before the update was even offered to me. Also, not a good idea to push firmware updates on a Friday.

Update: I received a second fireware update today, different #' than the earlier one. Thinking it was a fix for the issue, I allowed it thru. Now 5 (of 7) wemos have this same problem!  The 2 working units are older first gen 'wall wart' style. The affected units are all wemo minis, which shut off after 5 seconds. WEMO, PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!  

I too upgraded 4 of my minis, now all 4 turn off almost as soon as I turn them on. As good as expensive paper weights right now I recon. I tried unplugging some for a few minutes to no avail. I paid more for these over other brands because the general consensus seemed to be these were the most reliable ones to get, so I hope this is addressed quickly. Firmware WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2 / wemo mini hardware V2.

Efectivamente también tengo problemas con los wemo, no es confiable la actualización, ya los reinicié varias veces y no pueden reconfigurar su conexión previa a Google HOME, ya son varias horas sim el servicio, de verdad una pésima experiencia!!!

Efectivamente también tengo problemas con los wemo, no es confiable la actualización, ya los reinicié varias veces y no pueden reconfigurar su conexión previa a Google HOME, ya son varias horas sin el servicio, de verdad una pésima experiencia!!!

Hasta para publicar cambia el texto, pues que sucede con la marca wemo??