WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Belkin unsatisfactory customer service... very poor, indeed. (case 040929470)

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Belkin WEMO light switch that was deemed defective by tecnical support after paying an electrician $40 to install, and spending about four-hours over three days to attempt troubleshooting.  Belkin would not send a replacement without a credit card number, which I provided to repair ASAP.  The switch arrived, and I paid an additional $80 for the electrician to remove/replace and setup, as I had had it by this point.  Vola!  The switch functioned.  A month later Belkin charged me about $10 more than I paid for the switch for the replacement which I had returned to them with the RMA number upon the carton.  When I complained the charge was incorrect, customer support said they could do nothing, but eleveted the issue to 'Executive Customer Support'.  When I returned their call, they stated they could not locate the broken switch, so they charged me for not returning it.  I emphasized that it was broken, as determined by their support team and that I had returned it as instructed.  She said since I did not write down the tracking number, I am probably lying as is my son who brought the package to the UPS store and mailed it.  She said without a tracking number they would assume I was lying, or my son, and that either one or both of us were conspiring to save defective WEMO switches that do not function.  I find this assertion ludicrous and preposterous.  Never have I dealt with a company that would make such assertions to a customer after selling them a defective product.  I would stronly suggest that anyone relyingg upon Belkin's customer service or warranty think twice before purchasing their products.

Community Manager

Re: Belkin unsatisfactory customer service... very poor, indeed. (case 040929470)

Hi Badbikerboy,

Sorry about your experience.  I took care of everything for you and you should see a refund to your card in 10 days or less depending upon processing times.

Regards,

Robert S.
Belkin Technical Support