WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Bridge and/or Link

If I purchased and installed the new WEMO Bridge do I still need the old WEMO Link?

Re: Bridge and/or Link

@JFG3rd wrote:
If I purchased and installed the new WEMO Bridge do I still need the old WEMO Link?

It's kinda confusing, JFG3rd. Do you mean to say if it's compatible with the Wemo link or the current devices you're using with the Wemo link can be compatible with the Wemo bridge? Wemo bridge is compatible with Wemo switches, dimmer, and light switch.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

No, it's not confusing.  He's asking if he can throw his link away if he buys the bridge.  The answer is, "nope".  The bridge cannot connect directly to the bulbs, you'll still need the link.  Nor is the bridge compatible with the link - if you by the bridge your bulbs will *still* not be visible on the iphone, you'll need an aftermarket bridge for that.

Thanks MikeP! I actually just bought and installed the Bridge Version compatable with Apple HomeKit and got two switches running but I cannot see the two bulbs I own. Do I have, what you specify as, an aftermarket bridge? Or where would I get one, please?
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Sounds like you have the OEM bridge from Belkin, the bulbs, maker, and camera are not supported.

For aftermarket bridges that support the wemo link there's mine HomeBridge for AutomationManager, you run it on a low end android phone ($20-$30 from bestbuy) as the bridge/hub (see my signature for more info).  A google search should find some DIY solutions that can handle the link as well.