WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Can no longer view net cams from iPhone: Network Error. make sure network allows ports 5104/4104

Does Google Chrome have Flash installed? I can download that app on my iPhone.

Re: Can no longer view net cams from iPhone: Network Error. make sure network allows ports 5104/4104

Chrome doesn’t work. I found Puffin web browser and it works on my iPhone. Yay for now!!

This now appears to be working. Can anyone else confirm? 

Yes! I just reinstalled the App, logged in and it’s working! I’m keeping the Puffin browser App on my iPhone now just in case it goes down again, though.

Thank you WeMo for listening and fixing the problem! 

Yes, NetCam is now working for me too.

I am however, having an issue with my wemo switches.  They are accessible while on my home network, but not while away from my home and on the cell network.  Remote access is enabled.

Highlighted

Hi sgmcnabb,

For isolation, try using a different handheld device and see if the Wemo devices can be accessed remotely. Try to force close the app and clear all running background applications. If the issue persists, you may uninstall/install the Wemo app. Also, you can try disabling/enabling the remote access feature.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

My wife attempted to access with her Samsung S7 from the cell network and experienced the same issue.  So, I forced the app to close and tried again on my iPhone. No change.  I turned off remote access and tried to enable remote access again and kept receiving the message telling me that we were unable to setup remote access just now.  To try later...   I try later and still receive the same message.

After that I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and still can’t turn on remote access.  

This was while on my home network, because this can’t be done while away from home. I have numerous devices that are not accessible now when away from home...  What next?

Well noted sgmcnabb. We have endorsed your case to our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance. A representative will contact you soon so keep your lines open and you may check your email as well.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciat

I was able to sort the problem out here at home.  

I had to reset each and every switch and plug in the house.  Even know they worked while on the home network, they didn’t while away. I started by resetting one plug while on the home network.  Once it was booted up and working on the network, I was successfully able to enable remote access.  After that, I turned off my WiFi so I was using the cell network, and I did the same for all plugs and switches on WiFi and then the cell network, and it worked.

This probably happened when I was trying to get the NetCam working, which is what this thread was about.  It probably confused the devices when I was uninstalling and reinstalling the app, setting up the devices again, not to mentioned enabling and disabling remote acccess.

Thanks again Rey.